Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to setup WPA connection?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to setup WPA connection?

Iäve searched alot to find an answer for this, yet i cant fint it.

How do i connect to my ap using WPA?

From the terminal/shell that is. Could anyone of you guide me step by step, please? Using BT3

Quote Originally Posted by slaffe View Post
    Iäve searched alot to find an answer for this, yet i cant fint it.

How do i connect to my ap using WPA?

From the terminal/shell that is. Could anyone of you guide me step by step, please? Using BT3

This has been covered many many times already. Use the search function it works wonders

You will be using a tool called wpa_supplicant.
    Check this out:
    hXXp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=19515

Just burned his ISO

I am having trouble trying to solve why i cant see my router in Wireless assistant. (It is shown in kismet)
    I suppose it's because it's on channel 13, and apparently my Atheros card wont let me change it to 13, 12, or even 11. Only to 10.

So i googled some and found that my countrycode may be wrong. So i edited /etc/modprobe.conf and added options ath_pci countrycode=752 (sweden apparently)

Wont let me change it to 13 anyways. So what can i do now to change it so i can set my card to channel 13? Since my router is on it, and i can't change it since i am provided with this router from my ISP.

How do i solve this problem? :S

I am having trouble trying to solve why i cant see my router in Wireless assistant. (It is shown in kismet)
    I suppose it's because it's on channel 13, and apparently my Atheros card wont let me change it to 13, 12, or even 11. Only to 10.

So i googled some and found that my countrycode may be wrong. So i edited /etc/modprobe.conf and added options ath_pci countrycode=752 (sweden apparently)

Wont let me change it to 13 anyways. So what can i do now to change it so i can set my card to channel 13? Since my router is on it, and i can't change it since i am provided with this router from my ISP.

What kernel and wireless drivers are you using? A lot has changed between madwifi, and the kernels of 2.6.27-2.6.28. The regulatory code is in development and checks for hints from the router, eeprom, and the system configuration. Some kernel version may even give you way too many channels.

Just burned his ISO

Using BT3 2.6.21.5 and madwifi drivers that follows with this cd.

WiFi card issue: Try downloading a different driver maybe? I never had this problem so I cant help you there.

Router Issue: You can set the channel of your router manually within the gateway, all routers have that option if they have a wireless function.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-NewWorldOrder View Post
    WiFi card issue: Try downloading a different driver maybe? I never had this problem so I cant help you there.

Router Issue: You can set the channel of your router manually within the gateway, all routers have that option if they have a wireless function.
    Apparently this one cant be reached wirelessly. I've been asking around people who got this one aswell and they haven't been able to log onto it either. The ISP said they are locked so only the company can log on to them from outside.

So i can't change anything since i can't even log on to it.

Wich driver should i download? I am really new to this.

Using BT3 2.6.21.5 and madwifi drivers that follows with this cd.
    When you edit modprobe.conf and save it, what does "dmesg" display after you try to connect to the AP?

Type: dmesg into the shell after you attempt to connect, I never had any errors like yours before, I am just trying to see what dmesg will display and maybe someone on the forum might see what is going wrong.

I done a bit of Googling for you and found nothing that would help you, things kept popping up like setting your mode to "auto" rather than "managed" but this is not supported in the kernel/drivers that BT/Slackware uses.

Hope you get it working mate.

Out of curiosity, can you paste the error you are given when you enter in:
    iwconfig ath0 channel 13 please?

Are you using ath0 or ath_pci? You havent really given any info for anyone to recognize a problem with your setup.

peithan

My other account slaffe seem to be broken atm, posting on this one.

bt ~ # cat /etc/modprobe.conf
    # /etc/modprobe.conf (old location for Linux 2.6+ config)
    #
    # The use of this config file is deprecated.
    # Instead, create files in the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory
    # containing modprobe options.
    #
    # For more information, see "man modprobe.conf".
    # alias ra0 rt2500
    # alias rausb0 rt2570
    # alias wlan* rt61
    options modprobe ath_pci countrycode=752

message from dmesg:
    bt ~ # dmesg | grep ath_pci
    ath_pci: svn r3726
    ath_pci: wifi0: Atheros 5424/2424: mem=0xf8000000, irq=17

bt ~ # iwlist ath0 freq
    ath0 22 channels in total; available frequencies :
    Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
    Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
    Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
    Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
    Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
    Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
    Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
    Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
    Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
    Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
    Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
    Current Frequency=2.437 GHz (Channel 6)

Trying to set the card to channel 13:
    bt ~ # iwconfig ath0 channel 13
    Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    SET failed on device ath0 ; Invalid argument.
    bt ~ #

(change to channel 10 works)
    bt ~ # iwconfig ath0 channel 10
    bt ~ #

Try this:

cat "options ath_pci countrycode=752" > /etc/modprobe.d/madwifi
    madwifi-unload
    modprobe ath_pci

Then run: iwlist ath0 freq
    and see if channel 13 is now available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast