Thread: DELL Latitude E5400 - intel (4) graphic card problem

Just burned his ISO

Wink DELL Latitude E5400 - intel (4) graphic card problem

DELL Latitude E5400 - intel (4) graphic card problem

Hi,

I have Dell Latitude D5400 with Intel® 4500MHD graphic card, and right now I have a problem. Internal wifi is working with managed and monitor mode wih iniection. Additionaly rtl8187 and r8187 work properly with full infection.

BUT !!!

Does this Kernel have not properl Intel 4500MHD driver included ?

I am trying to install latest xf86-video-intel-2.x.x driver and I have an error:

Entering directory `/mnt/sdb3/intel_driver/xf86-video-intel-2.5.0/src/bios_reader'
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/drm -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/include/xorg -DREG_DUMPER -g -O2 -MT bios_reader.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bios_reader.Tpo -c -o bios_reader.o bios_reader.c
    In file included from /usr/include/xorg/vdif.h:24,
    from /usr/include/xorg/edid.h:15,
    from bios_reader.c:45:
    /usr/include/X11/Xmd.h:152: error: conflicting types for 'CARD32'
    bios_reader.c:43: error: previous declaration of 'CARD32' was here
    make[3]: *** [bios_reader.o] Error 1

I was not able to find proper solution for that, I use the BT3 with additional partition with changes directory to save changes.

Is hear any body who can create lzm or add proper compiz to current BT3 usb build for current driver ?

Right now i have VESA only on this laptop and without full screen settings and proper compiz functionality.

Thanks for help in advice.

to create lzm ... try searching for dir2lzm it is included with bt3.. trying to compile the newest version of drivers sometimes give me problems.. try one verson below that, see what happens.

Just burned his ISO

I tryied, and you have the error in my previous post.

Just burned his ISO

there was compilation error, I know haw to create lzm.