Thread: nmap system crash excel sheet

Just burned his ISO

Default nmap system crash excel sheet

hey all,

any of you remember a spreadsheet or doc that used to be around that had a listing of systems that would crash/reboot/not play nicely with nmap scans?

I would appreciate it a lot =)

ty

I would think things like that would be corrected pretty quickly by Fydor, if nmap is crashing the systems it's scanning then its primary reason for existing would be kinda moot.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Some of these were specialized or legacy systems. There used to be a sheet but it seems it vanished into the ether. Thanks for the reply though.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ende56 View Post
    Some of these were specialized or legacy systems. There used to be a sheet but it seems it vanished into the ether. Thanks for the reply though.
    There's alot of early Industrial Control and Automation ethernet equipment that falls over with many types of scans. Which would fall into the legacy/specialized systems.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's alot of early Industrial Control and Automation ethernet equipment that falls over with many types of scans. Which would fall into the legacy/specialized systems.
    Yep =)

its valuable to have this list if you're doing pentests and you dont want to crash anything in an environment that has legacy/specialized systems. I know Fydor does awesome work, the fault is usually on these systems.

Here's an old post on on some of what the .xls file im looking for contained, all kinds of systems that will crash doing port scans, not only specific to nmap, but nessus scans, etc.

Thanks for the help, please keep looking =)

Just burned his ISO

forgot link srry:

derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/securityfocus/pen-test/2003-06/0059.html