Thread: Recover Altered Partition Table

Question Recover Altered Partition Table

So I have 2 harddisks in one of my computers. One 80 gb (NTFS) partition and another 500 gb split into a 80 gb partition and a 420 gb partition (both NTFS).
    Now the first harddisk of 500 gb, on the 80 gb partition had Vista installed.
    Then I wanted to install Small Business Server 2008 on the other harddrive of 80 gb. As smart as I am, I accidently deleted the 80 gb partition on the 500 gb harddrive instead of deleting the 80 gb partition on the 80 gb harddrive. I didn't create a new partition on top of the deleted partition. So it simply remains now as un-allocated space.
    What would be the easiest way to restore the old partition table or what do I do in order to accomplish recovering the 80 gb partition? Im not interested in getting the data back, I just don't want to have to install the OS over again :P.

(MBR Partition Table <= General IT Discussion)
    - Poul Wittig

you can go for paragon partition recovery manager as it will recover the partition intact if sectors are not overwritten,because overwritten sectors are recovered with some garbled data or misplace garbage data.

Thanks for the recommendation. Fixed my situation - great tool!
    - Deathray
    - Poul Wittig

Just for future reference - a really nice, lightweight tool that I found to be one of those "really useful" ones that does exactly what it says on the tin is "BootMaster Plus"
    It's tiny and can be run from a floppy, or even from a ready built iso of around 2mb (iirc)

Just thought it deserved a mention

A great one Ive used before is Active@ recovery, I had tried about 10 recovery tools but none even saw the existence of a partition. Active@ picked it up first time, it was so so so so so slow at recovering, but it worked.
    &#119;&#116;&#102;&#63;