Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem booting back|Track 4

Unhappy Problem booting back|Track 4

Hi all,

I'm Just Happy For The Final release.

I download it burn it but when i try to boot from CD I got This Message i take a Photo for it cause i'm lazy at writing it down

hope it's Clear

I don't know what cause this

Thanks in advance,

Default Re: Problem booting back|Track 4

That really looks like it's one of the issues covered here #3 seems to be it.

2 things, check the MD5 is the same on the ISO download, and try burning at a slower speed. I know it sounds silly, but sometimes when I burn ISO's, they foo bar until I bring the write speed down a few notches. I've had this issue a few times, so might be the same problem with yours.

Buy good DVD's (not the cheap walgreens ones) and burn the disc at the slowest write speed that your drive supports. If you burning software has a "verify data after burning" option or something similar use it - its saved me a lot of time trying to boot bad discs in the past.

Just burned his ISO

I know you may be new on the scene, but one thing I see a lot is that people seem to ask questions before they do their homework. When I started using Linux and Backtrack, I did the same, but trust me: it helps A LOT to research your problem before posting. My favorite website in the world: Google . The best place to find info. There are plenty of guides showing you how to use Google, but pretty much just do this: find some keywords in your issue (basically the parts you understand, ex. "backtrack not booting livecd" for your case, and just look around a bit. Trust me it helps everyone, and saves you from having to wait, sometimes for days or weeks, for a response. Just some friendly advice from a... friend

It's turned out my DVD i burn it on 8x speed but it's crap

i did it from usb and it's work just fine

my mistake

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Everything after post number two is a repeat. Hmm I guess no one actually bothered to look at the link that Balding_Parrot posted.

Another alternative (in case you do not have a USB laying around) to verify that your ISO works, is to attach it to VMPlayer and see if it loads correctly.
    Last edited by Lincoln; 01-14-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel.Amael View Post
    Everything after post number two is a repeat. Hmm I guess no one actually bothered to look at the link that Balding_Parrot posted.
    Maybe they did look at the link, the only problem was the link did not address his/her specific problem.
    The interesting thing to note is that before the switch to USB, I was surprised why he or she did not just lower the burn speed from 8x to the lowest intx possible, assuming Balding_Parrots linked troubleshooting steps where fully followed and exhausted first.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry if this Thread is too old to reply, but I got nearly the same Problem with my iso. The md5 is ok, and i tried to boot from usb directly, but it stops at "(initramfs)" like at the picture from Natty Dreed.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, im German.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast