Thread: BT3 help with r8187b

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 help with r8187b

I am attempting to use r8187b chipset, but it is internal usb on gateway laptop. I am using bt3 vm and I see my wlan listed under usb config screen in bt3, but I have no idea how to setup as a network adapter, I ampted to run wireless assistant, but it says no adapter and immediately quits. I downloaded driver listed on other r8187b post and get error when trying to use that module. can someone point me in the right direction? thank you. I am veteran to windows/comp hardware but very new to linux and bt, so sorry for silly requests but would like to get started in this very interesting world. thanks for your help.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by canaanp View Post
    I am attempting to use r8187b chipset, but it is internal usb on gateway laptop. I am using bt3 vm and I see my wlan listed under usb config screen in bt3, but I have no idea how to setup as a network adapter, I ampted to run wireless assistant, but it says no adapter and immediately quits. I downloaded driver listed on other r8187b post and get error when trying to use that module. can someone point me in the right direction? thank you. I am veteran to windows/comp hardware but very new to linux and bt, so sorry for silly requests but would like to get started in this very interesting world. thanks for your help.
    What is an 'internal USB" ?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

internal usb, meaning that it's a usb device, but you don't plug it in. It's internal, directly connected to the usb bus on the motherboard. Sorry if that was unclear... so I guess it might be treated the same as some of these usb dongle devices people talk about? I don't know.. pls help me help myself.

Just burned his ISO

Default Still not working

Anyone installed r8187b in BT3F successfully?
    Its not working in my laptop... Can anyone tell me what to do?