Thread: Automount external hard disk with ntfs-3g

Default Automount external hard disk with ntfs-3g

Hi to all. I have one hard disk with 2 partitions with ntfs filesystem. How to auto mount at any time in the ntfs-3g? tnx
    PS sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian

Developer

nano /etc/fstab

Ok...but I want the system automatically mounts me. I do not want to act on fstab

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SYNTESYS View Post
    Ok...but I want the system automatically mounts me. I do not want to act on fstab
    mkdir /mnt/sda5
    mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda5 /mnt/sda5
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

No...I want at insert of any usb device with ntfs fs be mounted with ntfs-3g.

You need to say a prayer every time you insert it... there are some special words mentioned in this thread... http://tinyurl.com/cxxpc7

No...I want at insert of any usb device with ntfs fs be mounted with ntfs-3g.
    How about you write one precise post instead of writing a string of imprecise posts that slowly but surely disambiguate your original request.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

I am italian I not speak english i use google translate...
    I have an external drive to NTFS formtted. If I link this unit can not write any file. How to automatically mount the hard disk in ntfs-3g instead of ntfs? On google there is no answer.

I am italian I not speak english i use google translate...
    I have an external drive to NTFS formtted. If I link this unit can not write any file. How to automatically mount the hard disk in ntfs-3g instead of ntfs? On google there is no answer.
    You need to change your "fstab" file because the program that does automatic mounting will look at your fstab file.

Ok, I've resolved. Tnx for all.