Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i want to delete my xp password with bt3

I just made an easy tutorial that

Code:
    forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-howto/28013-easiest-way-use-chntpw-login-bypass.html

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Am I the only person who just read it as "I want the system to automatically log me on" ? In which case XP has a user2 control panel that you can load which lets you do it - all this about booting CD's and the like when you can just put it into the default OS?

Of course if I'm on the wrong track, then I retract this, but seriously people, over complicate the process?!

Edit: And yes I am aware that whatever question was asked was asked 10 months ago
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

yeah in BT you'll have to compile some windows password changing program, and just make it have no pass, and the program should open the SAM file and make the password hash that of nothing

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Geez, if all you want to do is automatically logon, then go get TweakUI and configure the auto-logon portion of it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

In case you all didnt notice this thread is from jan 2009 and someone just resurected it to promote his tutorial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12