Thread: eeePC 1000H BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default eeePC 1000H BT3

Making this thread to ask what can be accomplised on a 1000H with stock hardware.

I've scoured the internets and these forums extensively looking for an answer, but there's a lot of contradictory information that I fear may be out of date now anyway.

Specifically I want to crack WEP security. Booting to BT3 has been easy, but from there I have not had much luck. After trying the BT-specific programs, the only way I've been able to actually see my access point and it's MAC address has been through the Wireless Assistant. From there, I entered the MAC in SpoonWEP and launched it with default settings, but it hung on "Gathering ARP". I'm also unable to connect to my access point in WPA (not crack, just connect using a known key).

when my netbook comes in i think ill just install the linux that comes with all its drivers, and just copy over the /pentest/ folder later

it sounds like you already have the laptop in hand. if this is true please run the injection test on your wifi card once it has been set to monitor mode. the output of those two things will let you know whats possible with the hardware.

it sounds like a broadcom chipset to me, and then its a 98% chance that you're out of luck. either way lspci will tell you what kind of wifi card you have (might have to add -vv to see chipset though...or a google search on the card/revision). if that's not working it's time to a) upgrade the internal card or b) get a usb dongle that can do injection.

if the card allows you to set it to monitor mode and passes the injection test let us know and we can help from there