Thread: Persistant USB? Now...

Just burned his ISO

Default Persistant USB? Now...

Hi all. *NOOB ALERT* As we speak I am writing my persistant USB. I have followed a few tutorials and they're slightly different. Which has now confused this idiotic noob! Why do some state i need 2 partitions and what if i didn't do it? Also, now if my persistant USB is up and running with no problems, how can i completely remove the BT4 and GRUB loader i have installed on my hard drive without messing up my windows 7. Last time i un-installed a Backtrack system, i had to wipe the entire drive because the windows MBR was gone and refused to be repaired. Also, (instead of starting a new thread), is it possible for a noob like me to strip out all the unwanted programs out of Backtrack to save valuable disk space? Thanks in advance for your help. And if either of these questions have already been asked by another noob, i am sorry. I could not locate either questions in the search.
    Just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, the roof caves in!

Default Re: Persistant USB? Now...

Quote Originally Posted by chris_heyward View Post
    how can i completely remove the BT4 and GRUB loader i have installed on my hard drive without messing up my windows 7.
    You stated you've searched but this question is easily answered by searching this: remove grub restore mbr - Google Search (other combination of words may work either). When we ask people to search, it's not only in the forums. Google is a powerful tool and may answer almost any question you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_heyward View Post
    Also, (instead of starting a new thread), is it possible for a noob like me to strip out all the unwanted programs out of Backtrack to save valuable disk space?
    Yes, there are various tools in BT4 for that. You can use synaptics package manager, aptitude, "Add/remove... package manager" (I'm not sure if this is the right name, since I'm not under BT4 right now), etc...