Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best phone to run security tools on?

Quote Originally Posted by Panarchy View Post
    Would there be an addon to the iPhone/iPod Touch that would allow you to inject/monitor a wireless network (like an external wireless card that can be attached to the iPhone/iPod Touch)?

Because if there was, then I'd get an iPod Touch 'right off the boat'.

Well please tell me if it's possible, or if you'd recommend another phone.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy
    Nope, the iPhone has no usb host capability at the moment. I'm not too sure if the hardware even supports it.

Has any one looked into the google phone? A buddy of mine in Faribanks picked up one of the developer models last week. He says it works just fine on the ATT networks. I'm just not sure of the wifi radio in it.

Well it looks like the aircrack tools will work on it, once you install debian on it. I still can't find the chipset manufacturer. I'll ask a buddy of mine later, once he rolls out of bed.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

XxDarkxNessxX

hum ill try see if i can get a full copy and post it on software cross our finger :P

Just burned his ISO

Question neo pwn update and query

I'm just kinda mixed up with the infilitrator posted with the neopwn website. Does the infiltrator could handle cellphone calls? base from what i've seen on their site its an HP (kinda eeepc notebooks). so would you guys recommend in buying this phone(neo)? We should have a good thread to post phone/notebook(list only) that runs on BT. Many thanks guys for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    I currently have Nokia N95-1 that I won't recommend to anyone, however some people have developed nice tools such as pynetmony where it could be used to log AP names, Bluetooth devices as well as Cell locations. All these are dependant on the type of nokia phone you got and of course the amount of packages you get it signed and installed or you hack the firmware.
    This is actually a quite nice little piece of software. If your phone supports GPS logging it will use the module to log the location of both bluetooth and wlan devices you come across. The data can then be exported for example in .kml format which is supported by Google Earth. As far as wardriving goes the application fulfills its purpose, but I am unaware of any serious pentesting tools for symbian based phones.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up OpenPandora

I can recommend the OpenPandora - smaller than the EEEPC (oder all the other Netbooks out there) but not less powerful. Runs a full Linux and it shouldn't be a big deal to install MSF oder other Security tools on it. Probably it's even possible to install BackTrack?!

It has WiFi, Bluetooth, Touchscreen, USB and a very good battery (but for some ppl out there it looks a bit ugly ). Check it out @ h**p://openpandora.org/

You should have a look on the HTC Universal-it is a little bit old, but very powerful, and can run Linux. The built-in wifi chip supports injection.
    What else do we need?

DOMy
    127.0.0.1 sweety 127.0.0.1???

Home, sweety home

-by HK!

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Its time for me to upgrade my phone, Barry you seem to be a bit of an expert on this maybe you can advise,
    1. Nokia 96
    2. Blackberry Bold
    3. HTC Touch HD
    4. Sony Ericsson C905

The camera on the Sony is way kool
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

keep it coming guys ill compile everything and have it posted to backtrack's wiki HCL; so we could invite attention to everyone interested in open source technology.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    Its time for me to upgrade my phone, Barry you seem to be a bit of an expert on this maybe you can advise,
    1. Nokia 96
    2. Blackberry Bold
    3. HTC Touch HD
    4. Sony Ericsson C905

The camera on the Sony is way kool
    Personally I'd go with the HTC. They're more hackable. Crackberries suck, and I'm not a big fan of symbian phones. That is a cool camera phone though.....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I'm going to release the NeoPwn OS as open source very soon, which will support other HTC's as well. I also plan to detail the dev environment and host binaries if needed.

Stay tuned
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast