Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackerz need jobs, too

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Sorry to derail the thread Seems odd to me that a credit check would be of more importance than a background check but if thats how it goes. Now I'm all worried about my credit which is not so good. Sheesh
    Think of it this way: someone who has serious financial difficulties is more likely to be approached in a money for favors deal.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Right but normally one would submit a resume. Ill use myself as a example because I'm open I do not care. I have some minor misdemeanor drug charges and some petty theft charges from when I was maybe 20 or 21 which was about 15 years ago. If I were apply to a say "government" contractor for a entry level job would I or should I need to disclose that on my resume to be honest or should one wait until asked? What if it was a hypothetical 15 year old felony? Should one be honest on they're resume or wait and see if the question comes up. I'm well aware of the different types of questions on job applications like "has this happened in past 10 years..." but how does that apply in a job market where you almost certainly need to provide some sort of resume to be considered.

This may be a interesting topic to write on for my next writing class paper.
    Find me offline to discuss this further.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Think of it this way: someone who has serious financial difficulties is more likely to be approached in a money for favors deal.
    I never thought of it that way. That makes sense.

I pretty much said that exact same thing.
    Oh my bad. I thought you meant like what company was hiring you.
    When I was in the military there was a girl that lost her clearance becaused she bounced 2 checks.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I never thought of it that way. That makes sense.
    There was a point in time within the last couple of years ( not to sure now) but the US Army was not allowing Soldiers who had bad credit or immense debt to deploy overseas. This was in line with the same reasons mentioned above about the possibility of someone needing money being bribed or whatever.

Pureh@te the other thing that should be looked at is how valuable the person's skill set is for a particular company/agency. One of my coworkers had a domestic violence charge (which was a misdemeanor) against him and because of that he lost his ability to carry a weapon, since he fell under the Lautenberg amendment. Thus in turn he also lost his TS clearance!
    But then the guy turned around and got the same job as before with another company, Only difference was that with the new job he did not need to carry a firearm.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Working for the government is not a bad idea. The government sector is still growing, and is generally immune to economic bad times.
    Not so, I worked for a council up until 6 months ago and for the last year or so (before the crisis hit) they were looking to loosing people without replacing, and mergers etc etc, about 30-40% of the work force were in a grey area

And the pay is crap lol (unless you work in customer services where they literally throw money at them because they won ONE award ffs)
    wtf?

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

I have quiet an extensive criminal record PH and theres no way I`d land a job within goverment (uk), however have you heard of expungement? First time offenders can have their criminal record sealed, if they meet the criteria. This said If you are the top of your field and your skills are needed, they will hire you regardless of your record take for example Frank Abagnale Jr
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
    Not so, I worked for a council up until 6 months ago and for the last year or so (before the crisis hit) they were looking to loosing people without replacing, and mergers etc etc, about 30-40% of the work force were in a grey area

And the pay is crap lol (unless you work in customer services where they literally throw money at them because they won ONE award ffs)
    That's why I used the word generally. Again, within the U.S., government sector jobs are still growing.

Find me offline to discuss this further.
    Hmm, sounds like a local talk at Shmoo...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hmm, sounds like a local talk at Shmoo...
    Yeah, something along those lines.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast