Thread: cowpatty cluster tutorials?

Talking cowpatty cluster tutorials?

I've been taking a look around and am having trouble finding any docs on the net about anyone having a cowpatty cluster. I know the church of wifi mentioned using one when they were computing their 1000 SSID's project from someone they knew.

I have access here at home to a max of 5 pc's and was wondering if the cowpatty program is setup for using clusters or not. I have previously setup an apache cluster and am assuming the process is very similar.

Thx everyone

As far as I know, the use of clusters was limited to generating the hash tables beforehand, not actually using cowpatty to crack WPA/WPA2. The process actually involved the use of clustered FPGAs which significantly sped up the process.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    As far as I know, the use of clusters was limited to generating the hash tables beforehand, not actually using cowpatty to crack WPA/WPA2. The process actually involved the use of clustered FPGAs which significantly sped up the process.
    I thought it could have been used in a clustered format to speed up the creation of rainbow tables and then speed up the pass crack process.

That's also a great site for info and cool new projects. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyem View Post
    I thought it could have been used in a clustered format to speed up the creation of rainbow tables and then speed up the pass crack process.

That's also a great site for info and cool new projects. I love it.
    Well yes, creating the hash tables or rainbow tables is expressly what the cluster was used for; I think that is what I said. As for the actual cracking, I am not aware of anyone who has done this.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Well yes, creating the hash tables or rainbow tables is expressly what the cluster was used for; I think that is what I said. As for the actual cracking, I am not aware of anyone who has done this.
    I just noticed that they have added support modules for a jtr cluster. I think I'll give this a try and see how it goes.

I have access to 12 older Dell poweredge servers at work, all with 2 gigs ram and two dual core zeon CPU's, Would make a mean cluster I would think, Not to mention all the other PCs we have just laying around.... Any Ideas on how to get this working? I would love to be able to remote into a cluster at work and set it to cracking a password... I am not really sure if that is even possible, I just hate to have access to all these servers and not using them to their potential
    I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ~Abraham Lincoln

new2bt3

Are there any cracking programs out there that can run in a cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by new2bt3 View Post
    Are there any cracking programs out there that can run in a cluster?
    Yes, John the Ripper can be run in cluster mode.

THIS link may provide some ideas

Depending on what you want to crack, there are probably others out there.