Thread: If I connect the network goes down?

Default If I connect the network goes down?

Ok heres the situation, i've been working fine on backtrack with my router at home and my parents shops router but in the last couple days if i try to connect the entire network goes down. When this happens the only thing i can do is shut my internet off, that seems to work, but im never able to get online. My partition of windows xp works fine with connecting so I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DRK

have you been "playing well" with ARP poisoning, and for some reason left the forwarding on?

I played around with it a little on one of them, I dont know if I did the other but I very well could have, how would I check if it is still on?

It may help to add that i have a third router that if i have that router plugged into a router im having problems with it works fine if that makes sense.

As arp doesn't go through a router (not counting devices that act as arp bridges)... it sounds a possible culprit
    wtf?

Thank you for the reply but i fixed one by restoring to factory defaults but now when I connect to the other its very hit and miss and drops internet without droping connection any ideas?

Nevermind I got it working both were verizon with the same setup so something went wrong, not sure what did but I did a hard reset on both and there fine now thank you all who replied.
    DRK