Thread: Installing NVIDIA drivers in the BT3 VMware version...

Default Installing NVIDIA drivers in the BT3 VMware version...

So, I recently came across a problem when making my own LiveUSB versions, I needed to install a newer version of the NVIDIA drivers, and one that works at that.

as some of you may know 169.12 is available as a package for Slackware, however, this is of little use as not even nvidia-xconfig will create a proper xconf file when using it in reality, however, with the new 180.22 I added just the package to a LiveUSB and ran the NVIDIA DRIVER INSTALLER (emphasis to avoid confusion) before using startx, of course, it worked flawlessly then.

Now, the question I have is, how do heck do I make a module with a good xconf file of the 180.22 drivers?

As simply making a .lzm of the drivers is of little use due to the fact that it will never configure xconf for nvidia 8 and 9 cards in VMware.

And no, I can sadly not install the LiveUSB to a harddrive, and then make a updated version of it as I still need to do most of the development in VMware.

If it makes any difference this is explicitly being made for 8xxxMOBILE and the 9650GTMobile cards.

Anyone got an idea on how the heck to get past having to install the NVIDIA drivers before starting X everytime you start the LiveUSB's X?
    "In God we trust. All others, we virus scan." --Unknown Person

Live+Changes

here is the good guide fpr you posted bt Dr_Green

Code:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showpost.php?p=113286&postcount=8

Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    here is the good guide fpr you posted bt Dr_Green

Code:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showpost.php?p=113286&postcount=8
    I know how to makes LZM's, however, the NVIDIA drivers do not come in your standard make & make install format.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MuffloN View Post
    I know how to makes LZM's, however, the NVIDIA drivers do not come in your standard make & make install format.
    As gromeo pointed out, a LiveUSB install with persistent changes should be what you're after.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    As gromeo pointed out, a LiveUSB install with persistent changes should be what you're after.
    Mkay, I've seen a few guides and comments around, so I'll check that out!