Thread: Buffalo Usb G300N

Just burned his ISO

Default Buffalo Usb G300N

Hi, After searching the web and forums for information to install and use my buffalo usb wireless adapter, i decided to give ndiswrapper a try.

I downloaded the drivers for my adapter and installed with ndiswrapper. I dont know how i did it but a new interface was brought up "wlan0" and my usb adapter showed up when i typed lsusb.

I managed to connect to the net via wireless assistant selecting "wlan0" When online I get some data through then the whole process seems to stop or go extremely slow.

has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to solve it, id really like to use my buffalo adapter for surfing the net.

Thanks

Not that I have this device but you might be able to set the speed higher somehow using iwconfig. Other thing is to check for any interference and the distance between your laptop with this device and the AP that you are connected to.. things like going through various walls may affect it.

On the other hand, I had a quick search on google and there was two possible chipsets for this model.. its either Broadcom's Intensi-fi which I don't think theres any native linux support at all and the other is Ralink n-phys.. which seems to have native linux support and you maybe better off to try that one.

If you want to know more, paste your lsusb output along with the fcc id (on the dongle).

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wepkeme View Post
    Hi, After searching the web and forums for information to install and use my buffalo usb wireless adapter, i decided to give ndiswrapper a try.

I downloaded the drivers for my adapter and installed with ndiswrapper. I dont know how i did it but a new interface was brought up "wlan0" and my usb adapter showed up when i typed lsusb.

I managed to connect to the net via wireless assistant selecting "wlan0" When online I get some data through then the whole process seems to stop or go extremely slow.

has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to solve it, id really like to use my buffalo adapter for surfing the net.

Thanks
    hey u ! can u show me what drivers u installed? i have buffalo G300N too, but i can't install driver. i try install bcm43xx, and i use vmware. when i type iwconfig, it show:
    l0 no wireless....

eth0 no wireless....