Thread: Ghost OS No KDE but Fluxbox after install???

Hybrid View

Default Ghost OS No KDE but Fluxbox after install???

This is weird... I haven't installed Backtrack in a while, but I finally got it to recognize my wireless card and DreamLinux had been giving me problems. I used the gui installer on the live cd, set it to "Real" and not Live Install. But I go to boot in and when I ran "startx" the orginal icon dock for Dream Linux came up (which I hadn't seen in almost a year!) and the rest of the screen was black. None of the icons on it worked either. Oddly enough I log back in and type "flux" and there's backtrack!!! I'm sorry, but I hate fluxbox and a big motivator to me coming back was KDE. What do I need to do? Format that partition with the live cd?

Formatting worked... I didn't think of it until I started typing that last post. Hopefully someone else can use this if they get in the same fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Israel213 View Post
    This is weird... I haven't installed Backtrack in a while, but I finally got it to recognize my wireless card and DreamLinux had been giving me problems. I used the gui installer on the live cd, set it to "Real" and not Live Install. But I go to boot in and when I ran "startx" the orginal icon dock for Dream Linux came up (which I hadn't seen in almost a year!) and the rest of the screen was black. None of the icons on it worked either. Oddly enough I log back in and type "flux" and there's backtrack!!! I'm sorry, but I hate fluxbox and a big motivator to me coming back was KDE. What do I need to do? Format that partition with the live cd?
    Are you using the beta?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

No, it was bt3 final.

EDIT: My Bad, that was the beta of bt3. I didn't write which it was on this old cd...