Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I install Backtrack 3 Final onto Nokia N810

Just burned his ISO

Arrow Can I install Backtrack 3 Final onto Nokia N810

G,day I've been looking on youtube about how to crack wep after a message was posted in the paper a week ago.
    I havn't got a computer,writing this from a internet cafe, but I have a Nokia n810 and was wondering how to install Backtrack 3 final on to it.

Any help please.

It should be possible, but you'd need a lot of knowledge about linux, kernel patching etc. etc.

Could be a bridge too far I'm afraid. The concept is great though.

Alternative: get a small netbook and load backtrack on it

No, you can't install BackTrack to a Nokia. You may be able to get some of the programs working on it though. Really it's just a bit too under powered for most of the backtrack programs.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Impossible. Nokia uses symbian software if I'm right. Also, the cpu of your nokia is waaaaay underpowered for running a complete OS like BackTrack.

sell the nokia, buy an eeepc.

Quote Originally Posted by gromeo View Post
    sell the nokia, buy an eeepc.
    Or keep the Nokia, and buy an eeePc. It's too fun a little gadget to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSlow View Post
    Impossible. Nokia uses symbian software if I'm right. Also, the cpu of your nokia is waaaaay underpowered for running a complete OS like BackTrack.
    Dude, don't post dumb ass answers if you don't know what you're talking about. The Nokia N810 is running linux on an 400Mhz TI Omap processor. It will freaking run Debian. It will run kismet, metasploit, and several other apps.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=m...ng-pen-testing
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by netbit View Post
    G,day I've been looking on youtube about how to crack wep after a message was posted in the paper a week ago.
    I havn't got a computer,writing this from a internet cafe, but I have a Nokia n810 and was wondering how to install Backtrack 3 final on to it.

Any help please.
    After reading your post.I saw technical specifications about your cell model.as its having 400 MHz processor and add-on card upto 8GB.the immunity security's Silica is working fine using nokia 770 running debian linux kernel 2.6.16 having taxas instrument's OMAP 1710 CPU running at 252 MHz.however nokia 770 is tablet pc.but according to specification wise your phone is more powerful in terms of speed.however I think a phone must remain and use as phone only.if you are geeky enough and wants to experiments and don't afraid with violating the warranty or hardware damaging.you can go through kernel compliling and installing backtrack 3 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    After reading your post.I saw technical specifications about your cell model.as its having 400 MHz processor and add-on card upto 8GB.the immunity security's Silica is working fine using nokia 770 running debian linux kernel 2.6.16 having taxas instrument's OMAP 1710 CPU running at 252 MHz.however nokia 770 is tablet pc.but according to specification wise your phone is more powerful in terms of speed.however I think a phone must remain and use as phone only.if you are geeky enough and wants to experiments and don't afraid with violating the warranty or hardware damaging.you can go through kernel compliling and installing backtrack 3 on it.
    It's not a phone.

by mistake.its tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    by mistake.its tablet.
    That's okay, most folks think it's a phone... Actually installing most of the stuff in the link I posted won't void the warranty. It is a cool little tablet, though a bit limited. I had the N800, and I really wish they had the N810 when I got it. Try doing most command line stuff with an on screen keyboard that takes up most of the screen. Kinda frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast