Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy wifi radar for linux ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Easy wifi radar for linux ?

Is there any kind of ''Radar'' for linux (like easy wifi radar) so that you can see the location of some acces point ?

Kismet RADAR & Airodump RADAR(Sounds like you are flying RADAR Plane of windows app in linux distro) & yes see location of your own AP.not others.its dangerous for health and not advisable too.

just a clarification, kismet will not show the location of anything, except if you're using a GPS module with it.

Just burned his ISO

And what about Airodump RADAR ? is there anyway to have some kind of radar ?

im searching for airodump Radar now so i will give you some news as soon as i have some ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gromeo View Post
    just a clarification, kismet will not show the location of anything, except if you're using a GPS module with it.
    Even then kismet will not show the location of any of the detected APs. The GPS module can only be used to log your own destination at the point when the AP was reachable.

However, both kismet and airodump-ng can be used together with a directional antenna to give you a rough picture of the location of the AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattthhdp View Post
    And what about Airodump RADAR ? is there anyway to have some kind of radar ?

im searching for airodump Radar now so i will give you some news as soon as i have some ^^
    There is no program with this name, the program that he is referring to is airodump-ng and can be found included in BT3F by default.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

ok so there no way to have something like this youtube.com/watch?v=iex5IH27mZM&feature=related

??

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthhdp View Post
    ok so there no way to have something like this youtube.com/watch?v=iex5IH27mZM&feature=related

??
    First of all what is the goal of this, i.e. why would you need to know the physical location of an access point? To get some insight into what is needed to procedure an actual map of wireless APs take a look at this page. An explanation of how this was achieved can be found here.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Kismet won't show the location of AP.I am aware with that.using kismet along with good wifi card and directional/yagi antenna's one can get the signal flow from AP which can later be analyzed for detecting AP location based on stronger signal.however there is no such tool which tells yes the blah blah location of this AP is this-this.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    First of all what is the goal of this, i.e. why would you need to know the physical location of an access point? To get some insight into what is needed to procedure an actual map of wireless APs take a look at ittc.ku.edu/wlan/"]this page[/URL]. An explanation of how this was achieved can be found .ittc.ku.edu/wlan/procedure.shtml"]here[/URL].
    Hey cool Thank dude, that exactly want i wanna do for the school !!!

ps. sorry for the quote but i cannot send url ... cause i dont have 15 messages

Just burned his ISO

why would you want to install that trash?

Honestly.

Last time i downloaded it, it was full of adware and it took me ages to get rid of...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast