Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok so I have a strange problem Alfa 500mw

Default Ok so I have a strange problem Alfa 500mw

Ok I got a weird problem, I just got my Alfa yesterday and everything was working fine up until about an hour ago injection stopped working... I already tried to lower the rate using iwconfig wlan0 rate 1M which did work but now thats not even helping I cant fakeauth or anything does anybody have any idea of why the card just all of a sudden would stop injecting? I am testing my injecting capabilities with aireplay-ng -9 wlan0 also I am confused right now any help would be appreciated...
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

aireplay-ng --test wlan0

See what this does, do you have it plugged in to 2 usb`s, you should do

Also you do realise that this is a requirement with the alfa?
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

yea I have both usb's plugged I told you it was working like one hour ago lol... the results of aireplay-ng are....

bt ~ # aireplay-ng --test wlan0
    11:35:26 Trying broadcast probe requests...
    11:35:28 No Answer...
    11:35:28 Found 1 AP

11:35:28 Trying directed probe requests...
    11:35:28 **:1E:**:5A:**:F9 - channel: 10 - '2WIRE**6'
    11:35:34 0/30: 0%

Just a couple hours ago it came up that injection is working! real quick like... what do I do to fix this?
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    aireplay-ng --test wlan0

See what this does, do you have it plugged in to 2 usb`s, you should do

Also you do realise that this is a requirement with the alfa?
    ROFLMAO at that pic I didn't even see that link until after I posted... I had no idea that that was a requirement with the Alfa... Maybe that will solve the problem.... **Goes to the drawer with the tinfoil in it** **Makes exact model of blueprint**

I look like a robotic klansman now and still cant inject
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Sounds like it could very well be a hardware problem and not a software one. Have you used the card for prolonged periods on a higher TX power rate than the default one? The reason I am asking is that I have read a few testimonies suggesting that this can indeed damage the device.

Try disconnecting both of the USB connectors and plugging them in again after a reboot to see if you get different results. Also have you tried using any other device in the USB ports or the card in a different computer after the problem appeared?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Sounds like it could very well be a hardware problem and not a software one. Have you used the card for prolonged periods on a higher TX power rate than the default one? The reason I am asking is that I have read a few testimonies suggesting that this can indeed damage the device.
    Ill testify to that.

Good thinking, you need to
    1. Make sure your ports are working properly if possible.
    2. 30 seconds after boot remove completely wait 5 seconds then reinsert give it 20 seconds and use airmon to recall the drivers
    airmon-ng wlan0
    now try injecting

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post

Try disconnecting both of the USB connectors and plugging them in again after a reboot to see if you get different results. Also have you tried using any other device in the USB ports or the card in a different computer after the problem appeared?
    actually I did use the card for a few hours while the txpower was set to 30 but so far I have not gone above 30 and in those few hours there was only a few times I actually used it to transmit so I don't think thats it... also if the card was damaged I don't think it would be usable right? Im using it right now as we speak to connect to this website and it scans fine and picks up networks with no problems, I can do everything I would normally do except for inject thats why im so confused I don't understand it and yes I just did a reboot after it was unplugged and plugged it back in after the computer booted back up and still no deal even after once again setting the rate to 1M the aireplay-ng test says no answer instead of injection is working!... also no I haven't had a chance to try it on another pc I just got it yesterday afternoon... like I said in the first post though it was all good up until a couple hours ago I don't know what happened...
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

You booting from cd? Im presuming you are, if so it pretty much only leaves an hardware fault. Try not changing the transmit rate, somtimes the alfa has got stuck on me in a certain mode. Just disconnnect from your system reinsert then do ifconfig wlan0 down
    then do airmon-ng start wlan0

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    You booting from cd? Im presuming you are, if so it pretty much only leaves an hardware fault. Try not changing the transmit rate, somtimes the alfa has got stuck on me in a certain mode. Just disconnnect from your system reinsert then do ifconfig wlan0 down
    then do airmon-ng start wlan0
    hdd install... and still no deal... it just says this...

bt ~ # ifconfig wlan0 down
    bt ~ # airmon-ng start wlan0

Interface Chipset Driver

wifi0 Atheros madwifi-ng
    eth1 Intel 2200BG ipw2200
    ath0 Atheros madwifi-ng VAP (parent: wifi0)
    wlan0 RTL8187 r8187 (monitor mode enabled)

bt ~ # aireplay-ng -9 wlan0
    13:06:19 Trying broadcast probe requests...
    13:06:21 No Answer...
    13:06:21 Found 2 APs

13:06:21 Trying directed probe requests...
    13:06:21 00:1E:C7:5A:7B:F - channel: 10 - '2WIRE76'
    13:06:27 0/30: 0%

13:06:27 00:1C:F:5C9:25 - channel: 11 - 'Allis'
    13:06:34 0/30: 0%
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

erm what about trying to set it to a channel of the ap
    airmon-ng start wlan0 10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast