I recently bought a new wifi card and wanted to test it against WPA and WEP. I cracked my WPA with no trouble. I dusted off one of my old routers and set it up as WEP. I used the fake auth command:
which returns the message:
aireplay-ng -1 0 -e 1337AP -a AP mac -h my mac rausb0
I went into the router settings and changed the authentication type was set to open system so I changed it to PSK. I tried the fake auth again and got the same message. I checked for all the problems it listed in the message and it's all fine. I googled and searched on the forum and found nothing. I've tried all I can think of, so if anyone can enlighten me what's wrong with the fake authentication, it would be much appreciated.
23:55:17 Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 00:13:10:4A:6F:ED) on channel 9
23:55:17 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
23:55:19 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
23:55:21 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
23:55:23 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
Attack was unsuccessful. Possible reasons:
* Perhaps MAC address filtering is enabled.
* Check that the BSSID (-a option) is correct.
* Try to change the number of packets (-o option).
* The driver/card doesn’t support injection.
* This attack sometimes fails against some APs.
* The card is not on the same channel as the AP.
* You’re too far from the AP. Get closer, or lower
the transmit rate.