Hi

Im Chris, I have been scouring this forum for the past few weeks now,Initially i started out having a go at cracking my wep password on my XP box, I played around with the wildpackets\commview drivers using the aircrack-ng suite with my wg511t network card.
i soon realised that it was going to be a pain in the arse trying to crack wep under windows so i decided to give backtrack a try.

After a few days getting climatised to my new enviroment i successfully cracked my wep password with the help of a little packet injection made easy by aireplay.

Since then i have fell in love with backtrack,i have two partitions on my 4 gig thumbdrive to boot backtrack and can now persistently save changes.

Every problem i have encounted so far has been solved with the help of the forum posts the wiki and google, i would also like to take the time to thank the posters in the HowTo section of the forum - without there time and effort i would have been in a mess with backtrack.

I would also like to thank the creators of aircrack for enlightening me to the dangers of wep, i cant believe how common wep is and how exploitable it has become,your average person makes the assumption that there network is secure - how wrong they are.

"If this is what i can do,i wonder..............."

Chris