Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ping flood a single computer?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by cr1spyj0nes View Post
    Thanks dude, sorry for asking about somethis i didnt no, sorry for joing this forum with the intent to learn, if your so l337 and not a dubma$$ why dont you explain it to me?
    He was answering your question...D/DoS is seen in different lights to some it's 'Hax0rz' and to other it's pathetic I tend to lean towards the latter as it serves no purpose other than to use resources to bring down a person [MAYBE] for 5 minutes and then they pop back up again.

Use hping3 (or whatever number hping is at now). You can create whatever packet type you want and can also send as many packets as you want with it.

Another simplier method would be to nmap the living crap out of it, run the tool at it's highest speed and probe as many tcp ports as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Order Zero View Post
    He was answering your question...D/DoS is seen in different lights to some it's 'Hax0rz' and to other it's pathetic I tend to lean towards the latter as it serves no purpose other than to use resources to bring down a person [MAYBE] for 5 minutes and then they pop back up again.
    I agree with Order Zero. There is an isolate plugin in ettercap that allows someone to isolate (ie. denial of service) on a lan. Irongeek has a video on this that shows how it works.
    http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=v...scover-isolate

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    how would i execute a syn flood? (the main reason i asked about ping floods is because i know how to ping a computer)

again, my main goal would be to disconnect a computer from the internet temporarily without actually having physical access to the target computer
    Why you would like to DoS a computer which you don't have a physical access?.the POD DoS which you are talking about does not work anymore as it was for old OS's like win98/98se,ME,NT.its not part of a pen-testing too.there were some DoS POC like Smurf & Land attack for Xp OS.where we ping to bradcasted IP as the pc got overwhelemed by replying echo reply to each and every querying computer.which in results causes DoS by exhausting all its network & hardware bandwidth.thus to temporarily reset or crash or hang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12