Thread: ping flood a single computer?

Hybrid View

Default ping flood a single computer?

is it possible to ping flood (or DoS) a single computer as opposed to an entire service? lets say i'm connected to a network and i want to ping 192.168.1.2 so many that it cannot receive information from a legitimate source (therefore making impossible for this machine to access the internet), is this practical? what tools should i use? (i know of a program called LOIC but i'm wary about downloading it because i'm unsure of its origins (and its a .exe)

my end goal is to disrupt internet connection to the local ip address 192.168.1.2, am i looking in the right direction?
    patience is appreciated =]

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    is it possible to ping flood (or DoS) a single computer as opposed to an entire service? lets say i'm connected to a network and i want to ping 192.168.1.2 so many that it cannot receive information from a legitimate source (therefore making impossible for this machine to access the internet), is this practical? what tools should i use? (i know of a program called LOIC but i'm wary about downloading it because i'm unsure of its origins (and its a .exe)

my end goal is to disrupt internet connection to the local ip address 192.168.1.2, am i looking in the right direction?
    Ping is an ICMP protocol packet and it may not take precedence over other packet like http etc... So flooding a machine with ICMP may not result in DoS. That said if you can simulate that a ping is being sent from multiple machines to a single target you may get some positive results but most of the DoS attacks are on routers and switches because these must forward the packets to the destinations.

there is though syn flooding etc. Why ping?

i never understod why dos a computer,, what do you get out of it? what is the aim of doing it?

showing of your l337 skills to a dumba$$ ...

how would i execute a syn flood? (the main reason i asked about ping floods is because i know how to ping a computer)

again, my main goal would be to disconnect a computer from the internet temporarily without actually having physical access to the target computer
    patience is appreciated =]

Quote Originally Posted by gromeo View Post
    showing of your l337 skills to a dumba$$ ...
    Thanks dude, sorry for asking about somethis i didnt no, sorry for joing this forum with the intent to learn, if your so l337 and not a dubma$$ why dont you explain it to me?