Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why cant i capture data only beacons?

when i run airodump, i get no data for the most part from my router. not until i run the following:

airodump-ng -c <channel> -w <name for capture file> --bssid <router mac> <adapter>

then i still barely see anything until i authenticate to the router using aireplay-ng. have you tried anything past doing the airodump command you specified?

alboking_uk

Quote Originally Posted by LMNOParis View Post
    when i run airodump, i get no data for the most part from my router. not until i run the following:

airodump-ng -c <channel> -w <name for capture file> --bssid <router mac> <adapter>

then i still barely see anything until i authenticate to the router using aireplay-ng. have you tried anything past doing the airodump command you specified?
    i tried both aireplay and left it for 1 hour no data at all

does wireless connection work for you otherwise? from your computer to your router?

Just burned his ISO

I had the same problem as you discribed in your post. For me it was that I was (like mentioned) not unloading the first driver before loading the injecting driver.. And I figured out that I was not in close enough, sometimes you can pick up a signle but not be about to do anything with it, I read that somewhere on here, so try a different network or what I do is use kismac and check for signle strenth because I know the strengths are all messed up when I use programs in BT. (it shows my ad-hoc from my macbook at -1 when it's right next to it and everything is always 0) soo I would try restarting BT and starting over with the tut by xpoiltz step by step and make sure you unload and load the right drivers at the right time. sorry I can't be more help but good luck and if you get anymore info post!

Quote Originally Posted by badboy_uk View Post
    i tried both aireplay and left it for 1 hour no data at all
    As you have not directly addressed the two suggestions on connecting a client, a client would be a second computer or other wireless device, to the network and use it to generate some actual traffic on the AP I have to ask whether you have done this yet or not? Many wireless routers will not send out any data packets by them self unless a properly authenticated and connected client makes a request.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

alboking_uk

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    As you have not directly addressed the two suggestions on connecting a client, a client would be a second computer or other wireless device, to the network and use it to generate some actual traffic on the AP I have to ask whether you have done this yet or not? Many wireless routers will not send out any data packets by them self unless a properly authenticated and connected client makes a request.
    ive tried aireplay and all that as well and people are using the internet.
    My wireless card workd fine otherwise thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badboy_uk View Post
    ive tried aireplay and all that as well and people are using the internet.
    My wireless card workd fine otherwise thanks
    Could you please post the full output from running airodump, give us some idea of whats going on. You're not really giving us much to work with.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwing View Post
    Could you please post the full output from running airodump, give us some idea of whats going on. You're not really giving us much to work with.
    i am having the same problem.
    here are some of commands i use:
    airmon-ng
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    ifconfig wifi0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    airdump-ng ath0
    ctrl+c
    airodump-ng -c 4 -w test --bssid ( ap mac) ath0
    (everything is going fine but only beacons are increasing no data)
    then i open a new shell and type:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (AP mac) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e (essid ) ath0
    then i get asocciation succesful
    still no data only beacons
    then i use the command:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0
    then i get read packets and no arp and no acks only that and beacons.
    i ve been trying with all attack modes like -2 -4 -5 and still the same only beacons.
    what can i do please?

Just burned his ISO

Aside the problem may be from a wrong driver/wireless card, bear in mind that not always AP are vulnerable to the attacks you re making.

And after the association with the AP are you actually using any of the given attacks ?
    ex:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX -h XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX wlan0

Also, what's the output of
    aireplay-ng --test

AH, and though you have 10 wan's available, don't forget the only one you should play around is your own

Fisher

Just burned his ISO

Default no data

thanks for your reply.
    happen that it is my own ap.
    and i can see on home the name i type in the beginning for example test-01.cap.
    i don t think the application is not vulnerable for injection cos once i got 18 data after i made some efforts but for the card driver i don t know maybe.
    i have atheros card driver 5005 and it s a toshiba laptop.
    any idea except sell my laptop?
    thx in advance
    ngatadiune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12