Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network on startup

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    DHCP is always dynamic & never static
    Not correct at all: Static DHCP
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

that is call Reserver IP Address for particular computer so whenever that computer connects to server it will get IP from reserve IP pool.all others will get the dynamic IP only.you should pay attention to DHCP as its Dynamic Host Conafiguration Protocol.hope you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    that is call Reserver IP Address for particular computer so whenever that computer connects to server it will get IP from reserve IP pool.all others will get the dynamic IP only.you should pay attention to DHCP as its Dynamic Host Conafiguration Protocol.hope you got it.
    You talk to me?
    Please don't misunderstand me, i didn't want to be rude.
    Of cource i'm aware of what DHCP means. Just wanted to show that there's something that's called 'static dhcp'.
    I use the same method at home.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    You talk to me?
    Please don't misunderstand me, i didn't want to be rude.
    Of cource i'm aware of what DHCP means. Just wanted to show that there's something that's called 'static dhcp'.
    I use the same method at home.
    Sorry for being rude.I understood your concept as you always want to assign the Static reserve IP to the devices using DHCP only.I was just putting some light that its still DHCP(Except its not randoming assigning IP's to devices from its IP Pool to some of reserved devices.)for devices.anyway nice talking with you terminal86

Good friend of the forums

Can you try putting the commands you use into a script, and run that.
    And can you post what wireshark says when you try to run dhcpd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12