Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Copy USB App?

Just burned his ISO

Default Auto Copy USB App?

This has nothing to do with BT3 but I am looking for a USB app that will do this:

Once the USB it is insert my into a computer it will auto run and copy files from a specified directory like "My Documents". I did some googling and I found nothing good/useful. Any suggestions?

If it was me I wouldn't look for a ready made app to do that. Personally I would just write a simple batch file to copy whatever folder. Then make an autorun file that would execute the batch file. Of course it depends what OS you'd be plugging the USB into. Either way it's not that hard to script something. But that's just what I would do.

Usb hacksaw.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by gromeo View Post
    Yea, that's it.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Don't the black U3 Sandisks come with a utility on them by default that does this?

Those things are pretty cheap now.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Don't the black U3 Sandisks come with a utility on them by default that does this?

Most likely. It's just an auto run script.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

The U3 usb drives come with a CDROM partition and subsequently run whatever is specified in the autorun.inf file on that partition. AFAIK, none of the installed programs by SANDISK will copy the contents of My Documents upon insertion.

I can attest to switchblade working quite well. The trick is to write slurping programs that are not AV detectable. I'm no programmer so the apps that you can download and use yourself are limited. You'll also need full admin rights to the machine you're attempting to slurp. In other words, from my experience, slurping via usb insertion is limited and can easily be stopped via starndard security measures.

Unless, of course, All your base are belong to them, in which case you're hosed...

Quote Originally Posted by theberries View Post
    The U3 usb drives come with a CDROM partition and subsequently run whatever is specified in the autorun.inf file on that partition. AFAIK, none of the installed programs by SANDISK will copy the contents of My Documents upon insertion.

I can attest to switchblade working quite well. The trick is to write slurping programs that are not AV detectable. I'm no programmer so the apps that you can download and use yourself are limited. You'll also need full admin rights to the machine you're attempting to slurp. In other words, from my experience, slurping via usb insertion is limited and can easily be stopped via starndard security measures.

Unless, of course, All your base are belong to them, in which case you're hosed...

Well since it's his computer, he can put in an exception for the av software.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well since it's his computer, he can put in an exception for the av software.
    Ah yes, of course, what was I thinking? :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast