Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brute force hydra?

Just burned his ISO

Where do i download crunch?
    probably a stupid question...

Quote Originally Posted by whyrusleeping View Post
    Where do i download crunch?
    probably a stupid question...
    There's a link on the forums here. Google for the following and you will find the appropriate thread

site:forums.remote-exploit.org crunch
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

I have use hydra, xHydra, medusa and no luck

my router is Belkin - G Plus MIMO F5D9231-4 v1

an theres no user login only password
    hydra 192.168.2.1 -l "" -P ASSurnames -t 162 -w 15 -v -V -e ns -f http-head -m /
    when some one can really tell me how to also log into my own router usin the tool's above mentioned I'll appreticiated

thanks again

I Edit

the reason is I read don't remember where (here at forums.remote-exploit.org) something about the source of the web page where he finds the length of the password so I decide to do the same thing with my Belkin and guess what IT TELLS ME MY OWN PASSWORD; no crackin, no brute-force, no nothing;

so thanks very much to all the people

i hope it help other and don't miss-use-it

Just burned his ISO

This is very interesting... ive tried it myself on my own network and havent gotten any farther.
    im thinking that it should be a multi-part line( which i dont quite know how to do)
    the first part is crunch and it generates one password which it then passes to hydra which checks it then we pass the password back to crunch which uses it as a startblock. im not sure how you would write that out though

if you find a method that works show your examples and results please

Quote Originally Posted by manulu View Post
    ./crunch 1 8 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX YZ0123456789 -o crunch.txt | hydra -l "" -P /pentest/passwords/crunch/crunch.txt -f -v -e ns 192.168.1.1 http-get /
    but I didn't leave it more than 3 minutes and it was creating an 800mb pwl to know if that will work? na!
    This isn't surprising.

Every combination of a-zA-Z0-9 (62 char) with max length 8 will be:
    62^8 = 2.18340106 × 10^14 (Alpha w/ numbers)
    62^8Bytes to Terabytes =~ 198.6GB

Hope you have lots of extra storage sitting around doing nothing.

Of course instead of wasting all this time and effort you could simply read up on and follow industry best practices for passwords or simply increase the password to 9 characters (which makes the dict over 12 Terabytes).

Tamelion isn't a surprising combination to find in a dictionary and plenty of dict generators have the option to convert to l33t sp34k. Try using a password that isn't actually dictionary based, whether l337 or not.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12