Thread: Lzm files and BT3 Live CD

Just burned his ISO

Default Lzm files and BT3 Live CD

I'm using BT3 Live Cd . I don't have internet set up on my BT3 yet as its not able to recognize my NIC . Well so I download the .lzm modules to Win XP .

Then after booting into BT3 using my Live CD I copy these .lzm files to the root directory in linux and then run the command ,

Code:
    lzm2dir filename.lzm /
    Now to install these modules is that all I have to do or there are some further steps as well .

Also , if this installs the modules then I am guessing these are only temporary changes as I am using the Live CD and upon rebooting will have to go through the same steps again .

Yes you will lose changes. Use live USB + changes - there's tutorials for that. Yes, that's only thing to do to install module, on a usb or hdd with changes enabled.

You can add the module permanently by remastering the CD and including the lzm file.

Extract the contents of the CD to a directory. Copy the lzm file into BT3\base, then change into the directory and run the make_iso.bat. This will create a new iso containing the new module.

I used this method to include grub when I did my first experiments with HDU installs.
    First Rule of Holes: When you're in one - Stop Digging!

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the replies . I tried installing the VLC media player module using the vlc.lzm module with a Live CD and it worked fine . Yeah but the only thing is I'll lose the changes . Hmmm I think I should have downloaded the USB Version instead now .

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneywar View Post
    You can add the module permanently by remastering the CD and including the lzm file.

Extract the contents of the CD to a directory. Copy the lzm file into BT3\base, then change into the directory and run the make_iso.bat. This will create a new iso containing the new module.

I used this method to include grub when I did my first experiments with HDU installs.
    Thank You, Could one not mount an existing iso, copy the module, and then burn the iso? Thanks, again, Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by oldcrank View Post
    Thank You, Could one not mount an existing iso, copy the module, and then burn the iso? Thanks, again, Kurt
    If you mean copy the module into the mounted iso image then I've never tried it but I seriously doubt it will work. It's much easier and there's less chance of making a mistake if you use the scripts provided.
    First Rule of Holes: When you're in one - Stop Digging!

Will do, thanks. P.S. This is cool!