Thread: HP Pavilion DV9000 Series

Just burned his ISO

Default HP Pavilion DV9000 Series

This Laptop seems to working fine with BT3 on a bootable USB stick..using the internal card and also an Alfa usb (Tested)..

maybe handy to mention that if you try booting running from the battery then you need to press TAB key on the boot menu that you are using and add
    acpi=off noapic when you are up running add it to your syslinux.cfg in /boot/syslinux

When running on battery power:
    If you try booting without these parameters then the laptop will hang on
    Floppy drive(s) : fd0 is 1.44M
    If you just add noapic then the machine will boot to a blank screen and you need to press the power button briefly to resume only for it to hang again on Floppy drive(s) : fd0 is 1.44M
    If you just have acpi=off then it will stop on a blank screen.
    you can change a couple of the existing entries to reflect BATTERY or MAINS
    so both acpi=off noapic are needed....
    running on mains they are not needed..

eg:

LABEL pchangesmains
    MENU LABEL *MAINS* BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/dev/sdb2 autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL pchangesbattery
    MENU LABEL *BATTERY* BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/dev/sdb2 autoexec=xconf;kdm acpi=off noapic

Hope this saves someone a little time and heart ache..

Just burned his ISO

I have this same laptop. Well a refurb listed as a dv9925nr, specs are:

Display Type: WXGA+ with High-Definition BrightView
    Viewable Screen Size: 17"
    Processor: AMD Turion x2 TL-60 2.0GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M
    HDD: 250GB
    Optical Drive Type: Dual Layer DVD▒RW with LightScribe
    Communications Description: Integrated LAN
    Integrated Modem
    Integrated Wireless LAN

Interface Type: RJ-11 Phone Connector
    RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
    802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Networking
    Data Transfer Rate: 10/100Mbps NIC
    56Kbps Modem
    Up to 300 Mbps

Protocols: V.92
    802.11b
    802.11a
    802.11g
    802.11n

Now I am not very new to BT, but this is the first time I have ever tried to use BT3 on this laptop (or an version of BT). And I did at first have the issue you mentioned g0sbv.. Until I read your post, Thank you. I was in a hurry to see if it would work an didnt plug in the laptop. Now once plugged in it seems to got alil smoother for me. cept after all the load of BT3. Right before I get to the login screen I get the BT X mouse cursor which then changes to the arrow cursor, then black screen, then X, arrow, black again, over and over. After about 10min of this I decided to hit the power button. It then show the log in screen, and shuts down. Is this a graphic issue? Or has anyone else had a issue like this with this model laptop? - Thank you in advance Rob.

Just burned his ISO

Ok, I think I have figured it out. I think my latest burn was bad, I had downloaded BT3Final when it was released and had burned a copy of it. I didnt know where my first burn was, but I have found it. Stuck it into the laptop an it booted up just fine using BT3 VESA KDE.

I do have a few more questions concerning this model laptop/hardware and BT3 if someones willing to help me out. Please post an Ill ask the questions. As I do not want to flood the forums with nonsense.

Thank you.