Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: default WPA keys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaeo View Post
    It seems that the DG934 passphrase is created using the same method, but SHA1SUM instead of MD5SUM (SHA1 = 40 char string, same algo as before).

(norm360's stuff...SHA1SUM of his MAC and Serial ( 001B2F700AE6-1NJ278 315270 ))

Code:
    F6 F5 C3 02 56 8E DA 0C 14 10 BA 48 55 B0 81 B8 65 31 80 16
       ^^    ^^    ^^    ^^    ^^    ^^    ^^    ^^  
    LCMMQUUC

00 = A, 01 = B, etc.

F5 L
    02 C
    8E M
    0C M
    10 Q
    48 U
    B0 U
    B8 C
    SSID, Password, Channel, same as the DG834GT.
    Seems right, I'll have to quadruple check everything soon.
    I have tried to recreate the SHA1 hash from the MAC and serial given , but cannot, I have tried with brackets, without brackets, spaces, no spaces etc... I also tried with MD5 but cannot recreate the hash from the AMC and serial???

Any points as to where I am going wrong?

I do have some programs to calculate default wpa password, like jazztel, tele2, sky, wlan_(xx) routers, speedtouch/thomson routers. But I will not post any link since it can be misused. Try googling a bit, it didn't take me too long to find these tools. Just use them carefully, i think you all know it's illegal to connect to someone else's routers. I only use it to prove it is insecure to leave the default configuration on any router.

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    I do have some programs to calculate default wpa password, like jazztel, tele2, sky, wlan_(xx) routers, speedtouch/thomson routers. But I will not post any link since it can be misused. Try googling a bit, it didn't take me too long to find these tools. Just use them carefully, i think you all know it's illegal to connect to someone else's routers. I only use it to prove it is insecure to leave the default configuration on any router.
    Snayler,

I have already posted the sky V1 algo, along with speedtouch and tiscali. The Wlan_XX routers (from Spain) are WEp so no algo required. I actually figured out where I was going wrong (the serial in the post missed 2 characters out!).

I am only interested in this out of curiousity (I have broadband no need to leech from anyone else and not into monitoring others use!).

I have the Sagem SKY router, I read this is based on MAC/SERIAL and CHANNEL, although I cannot see how when the router I have states CHANNEL as AUTO. Tried variations of the V1+V2 algo but not coming up with anything so far? Is this one you have the algo for?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by letmein View Post
    Snayler,

I have already posted the sky V1 algo, along with speedtouch and tiscali. The Wlan_XX routers (from Spain) are WEp so no algo required. I actually figured out where I was going wrong (the serial in the post missed 2 characters out!).
    Yeah, my original post looks like it's been edited - as sometimes happens here :/ The serial has been messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by chaeo View Post
    Yeah, my original post looks like it's been edited - as sometimes happens here :/ The serial has been messed up.
    Just checked and no, your original post has not been edited.

I have the Sagem SKY router, I read this is based on MAC/SERIAL and CHANNEL, although I cannot see how when the router I have states CHANNEL as AUTO. Tried variations of the V1+V2 algo but not coming up with anything so far? Is this one you have the algo for?
    my generator only asks for MAC address

my generator only asks for MAC address
    I wasnt aware the algo for the Sagam routers was known apart from by James at skyuser??? Are you James by any chance?

A little test if you dont mind my MAC is 001E74B9A50F and just so you know its mine here are the first few letters of the WPA...EMVxxxxx... Can your algorithm confirm the the remaining letters?

I wasnt aware the algo for the Sagam routers was known apart from by James at skyuser??? Are you James by any chance?

A little test if you dont mind my MAC is 001E74B9A50F and just so you know its mine here are the first few letters of the WPA...EMVxxxxx... Can your algorithm confirm the the remaining letters?
    No, i'm not James. I tested your mac but the wpa passphrase i got is different: XQXSxxxx

Is your SSID SKY15035?

No, i'm not James. I tested your mac but the wpa passphrase i got is different: XQXSxxxx

Is your SSID SKY15035?
    There are 3 algorithms, V1 use just the MAC and is MD5 hashed., V2 uses the MAC and Serial No and is SHA1 hashed. V3 (sagam) is unknown apart from Jame's website, this is the one I understand uses the MAC/Serial/Channel but cannot prove.

You have pushed my MAC through the V1 algorithm (XQXSFHAZ) to give the bracketed results which are not correct as it needs to go through the V3 algorithm.

There are 3 algorithms, V1 use just the MAC and is MD5 hashed., V2 uses the MAC and Serial No and is SHA1 hashed. V3 (sagam) is unknown apart from Jame's website, this is the one I understand uses the MAC/Serial/Channel but cannot prove.

You have pushed my MAC through the V1 algorithm (XQXSFHAZ) to give the bracketed results which are not correct as it needs to go through the V3 algorithm.
    Well, in that case, i think your network is secured for now. F@ST2504, right? Coudn'f find any reference to jame's website...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast