Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install BT3 + changes + swap + vmware tools in VMWare

Default Install BT3 + changes + swap + vmware tools in VMWare

http://blip.tv/file/1371989

Basically, this video will show you how to install BT3 USB version in VMWare, with changes, swap and VMWare tools.

Very straightforward and easy to follow, I hope. If you have questions, please ask.

Just burned his ISO

Great video... thank you for sharing! Worked perfectly; I followed all instructions step by step without any problems.

Are you the author of this video?

On a technical note - I am not able to boot under the following selection:
    BT3 Grapics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental

Am I only allowed to boot under the following:
    BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes

i been trying to install vmware tools using your method but there is a problem..when i execute this command perl /usr/bin/vm no one found......am i missing something......

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_from_NJ View Post
    On a technical note - I am not able to boot under the following selection:
    BT3 Grapics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental
    No wonder. First of all only the newer versions of VMware support 3D acceleration in any real form, and even these versions naturally use their own virtual hardware to do the work and not a Nvidia card. That being said it is possible to get Compiz running in a virtual environment but will take quite a bit of tinkering and the result really is not worth the work in my opinion. But, if you are still interested in trying it out for yourself google is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    i been trying to install vmware tools using your method but there is a problem..when i execute this command perl /usr/bin/vm no one found......am i missing something......
    Now I have not taken a look at the video tutorial posted in this thread, but if your only goal is to install VMware tools the process is rather easy. You will only need to choose the option to install them under your currently running guest OS under VMware at which point a virtual partition will be mounted. Read the help document provided on this partition and follow the instructions and you are good to go.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    I received the same exact thing. I simply skipped that step as it failed and went on to the next one:

perl /usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl

My installation completed just as his; works perfectly!

i already been solve my problem thanks..........after i installed the bt3 fix kernel.lzm the defualt one...........that solve my provlem...........

I have explained in the video how to install vmware tools, there's a glitch in the script, you need to fix it... look carefully

Just burned his ISO

Im getting an error when installing VM tools.

"What is the directory that contains the init directorires (rc0.d/ to rc6.d/)"

I've looked in the /etc directory and I can see the init.d@ directory.

I've specified many paths; /etc, /etc/init.d/, /etc/rc.d, as well as a combination of those. All to no avail.

Is there a problem with my backtrack install having it named with a @ at the end?

I did try adding the @ symbol to the path and it still would not continue.

Just burned his ISO

I found an answer to my own question.

For those of you who might have a similar problem, the solution is to simply create those directories.

e.g. mkdir /etc/rc.d/rc0-6.d

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

Thanks to the one who made this video!
    Just perfect & what i've been searching for! Thanks so much man!

Cheers

Edit
    // successfully installed and booted, without problems on VMWARE WS Vista 32Bit
    // Question : How can I make it automatically boot into the Graphical Mode With Changes? Or does it not depend if i take the first option anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast