Thread: Help with DVD drive for BT4

Just burned his ISO

Post Help with DVD drive for BT4

I have spent all day trying to fix this and for the life of me I have no idea. I have a dell desktop. There is a CD drive (came with it) and a DVD-r drive (bought seperately). Both are internal IDE. I can not get my computer to boot from the dvd drive. Ive tried taking the CD one out, ive tried hooking them up in reverse order. None of that is working. My BIOS just says unknown device but when its in the right order it has the correct names and all. All I want to do is be able to load the BT4 Dvd. I dont care if I have to take the other one out. Any one have any suggestions? sorry if this is not the right area to post. This my very first post.

Default Re: Help with DVD drive for BT4

Check your Master/Slave/Cable Select pinout on the back of the drives. Set your jumper accordingly and let me know if this works for you.

Remember that the tail end of the cable is always master, and the connectors in the middle are secondary/slave.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.