Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eeepc 900A new toy !

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Strange, my 900A came with a 8GB SSD.

Maybe there is a difference in the SSD being shipped in the States and Europe.
    I think mine is a special BestBuy version. No camera (i dont use it on my other laptop so no problem). And 4GB SSD was all on a SSD PCI card NOT on motherboard.... Also no build in Bluetooth.
    So I have now 32GB Patriot SSD and 2GB RAM (NewEgg to the rescue) and BT3 on SD card ready to be tested .

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    I think the general idea was that you spend money either on a smaller drive (4gb) plus a Windows license or a larger ssd (8gb) with Linux
    It was 4GB with junky (Xendros) Linux in bestbuy.
    Person from my office went to buy one after I brought mine to work, and was told 4 times "You do understand this is Linux and not windows?"

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

I think they asked to stop stupid people like this.....

"I had to drop out of college because my laptop came with Ubuntu on it."

Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post

It was 4GB with junky (Xendros) Linux in bestbuy.
    Person from my office went to buy one after I brought mine to work, and was told 4 times "You do understand this is Linux and not windows?"

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    I think they asked to stop stupid people like this.....

"I had to drop out of college because my laptop came with Ubuntu on it."
    That's got to be the stupidest thing I've read this morning. I'm sure that will change once I get to work and read my email though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's got to be the stupidest thing I've read this morning. I'm sure that will change once I get to work and read my email though.
    I doubt that you really enjoy your work then. But from now on I will blame everything which is going wrong in my live on Ubuntu.

No money? Because of Ubuntu
    No girl? Because of Ubuntu
    No job? Because of Ubuntu
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Doing a Google Image search for Ubuntu with safesurf turned off seems to disagree with your 2nd item of blame.

I doubt that you really enjoy your work then. But from now on I will blame everything which is going wrong in my live on Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    Doing a Google Image search for Ubuntu with safesurf turned off seems to disagree with your 2nd item of blame.
    Is it the chick in the slightly wet tshirt?

Actually I really like my job. Some people should just never have a pc.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12