Thread: Edit backtrack 3

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Edit backtrack 3

hi im new to backtrack 3 and i was wondering if u can edit
    the start up menu the one that says login as root with passwd toor.
    and if so can u change the red color to bright green
    thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by nikke View Post
    hi im new to backtrack 3 and i was wondering if u can edit
    the start up menu the one that says login as root with passwd toor.
    and if so can u change the red color to bright green
    thanks in advance
    Edit the file /etc/issue using your favourite text editor.

You can change the colour of the text, play with the numbers at the beginning of the appropriate lines.

How does this post fits into tag of bt3 boot help.as its not belong to booting problem and don't suggest people to edit according to your likings as this is completely useless demand.second that is not a fancy distro like windows filled with crap graphics,crashing apps.its great pen-testing distro made after so much efforts and hard-work.and for your password problem install it on hdd then change the default password with the hard one.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    How does this post fits into tag of bt3 boot help.as its not belong to booting problem and don't suggest people to edit according to your likings as this is completely useless demand.second that is not a fancy distro like windows filled with crap graphics,crashing apps.its great pen-testing distro made after so much efforts and hard-work.and for your password problem install it on hdd then change the default password with the hard one.
    Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    I'm not going to tell you again to be a little nicer.