Thread: Compatibility Issues / Appropriate Software

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Compatibility Issues / Appropriate Software

Good Afternoon Gents,

Recently I purchased a new laptop for myself - I'd been after one for years - and soon became engrossed in the wide world of wireless networks, and their security.

I am going to be helping my neighbour with his and her wireless network security. I'm OK at setting it up but I'm no good with testing.

I have on my laptop, many many many wireless infiltration softwares such as aircrack and airdump, airsnort, easy wifi radar, etc, but I'm not sure if I have the correct hardware for the task in hand. When I try to catch IVs I cannot set up my wireless network adaptor for it, so without further ado I will relinquish the details.

Latop Model: Acer Extensa 5520
    RAM: 1gb
    Network Adaptor: Broadcom 802.11g

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and if you're all nice to me I will bring cake.

Thanks

-Sinbad

Quote Originally Posted by sinbadthesailor View Post
    Good Afternoon Gents,

Recently I purchased a new laptop for myself - I'd been after one for years - and soon became engrossed in the wide world of wireless networks, and their security.

I am going to be helping my neighbour with his and her wireless network security. I'm OK at setting it up but I'm no good with testing.

I have on my laptop, many many many wireless infiltration softwares such as aircrack and airdump, airsnort, easy wifi radar, etc, but I'm not sure if I have the correct hardware for the task in hand. When I try to catch IVs I cannot set up my wireless network adaptor for it, so without further ado I will relinquish the details.

Latop Model: Acer Extensa 5520
    RAM: 1gb
    Network Adaptor: Broadcom 802.11g

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and if you're all nice to me I will bring cake.

Thanks

-Sinbad
    First off I commend you on your command of the English language; it isn't everyday you find someone that speaks so eloquently.

Second, and an unfortunate second at that, is that this is neither a Windows support forum nor is it designed to be a general support forum for wireless pentesting. While we do have the knowledge to help you, the fact that this is a very specific forum attuned to assisting with Back|Track related issues prevents us from really addressing your problem(s).

Now, if it were an issue of how to configure your card(s) within Back|Track to get them running that's a different story. In that case all of the information you need has been discussed thoroughly and I would point you towards the wiki/search function first

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill