Thread: Acer Aspire One Mouse Died

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Acer Aspire One Mouse Died

So I spent a good chunk of time getting BT3 to boot up correctly on my Acer Aspire One from a USB drive with changes. That is working well. I must have been in and out of BT3 from various USB drives about 15 times today. Last thing I know I run "macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0" and the computer locks up. So I do a hard reset and now my built in mouse pad has quit working. A USB mouse works though. Does anyone have a clue how I can reload the mouse pad and/or associated drivers?

Does anyone have a clue how I can reload the mouse pad and/or associated drivers
    modprobe -r psmouse && modprobe psmouse

I don't know for certain that your mouse is using this module since I don't have an Acer, but that's what my laptop uses.

Worse case scenario with this is that you have to reboot to get things back to where you were before you ran the command.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help. I haven't tried your fix yet, but I can say a reboot will not fix it. I rebooted about 3 times with the same problem. I then booted into Ubuntu to make sure the pad wasn't broken for some reason (it's not).