Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tool descriptions

Default tool descriptions

Is there a onestop shopping place for learning about all the Great tools included in BT3?

Oh yes I have looked at that... Not free though...thats for sure.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/
    http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/Tools
    www.google.com
    and least but not last your patience and hard-work because learning all the tools and their methodology will take long time.

Dude... have you EVER got anything in your life that is amazing, AND free?
    The price for this training is hillariously low. Go for it!

Default humm

The cheapest one I saw was 200.00 Is this wrong? I'm not a rich guy thata a lotta money for me... especially when going to grad school and building a house and paying all other bills.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Upsman View Post
    The cheapest one I saw was 200.00 Is this wrong? I'm not a rich guy thata a lotta money for me... especially when going to grad school and building a house and paying all other bills.
    Then obviously penetration testing is not a priority for you.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Default a hobby / interest

a hobby / intersts, like most on here ... I highly dought that a lot of members do this for a living. I am not being sarcastic of anything.. just stating an asumption.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Upsman View Post
    a hobby / intersts, like most on here ... I highly dought that a lot of members do this for a living. I am not being sarcastic of anything.. just stating an asumption.
    What does that have to do with anything? I assure you there are many security professionals here and also network admins, Programmers and various other facets of IT. I agree with streaker69, this may not be for you if you don't have the time or motivation to learn.

Default sorry

I didnt mean to insult or anything, It seems everything I post on here comes out wrong. I just meant not everyone can be a security pro on here, I mean thats a lot of people. I definatly have the motivation and this is actually what I do in my spare time. Once I finish my degree I will have more time. I am very interested in the content and learn alot from this forum and I respect all the smart / skilled folks that contribute to it. Please dont atke me for someone that isent willing to put in time and efort as that is the furthest from the truth. and as soon as i am nolonger paying for these damn grad school classes I would definatly invest in things such as mentioned above.

Props to all you guys contributing as if there wasen't resources such as this on the internet we wouldent have much inovation in the security field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast