Thread: Mac filtering in wireless network

Just burned his ISO

Default Mac filtering in wireless network

Hi everyone,

I have this AP that has mac filtering enabled.
    I know one of it's client's mac address (for sure).
    I tried to macchange my rt73 chipset's mac address to the client's mac address and tried a aireplay-ng fake authentication, however the AP still rejects my request with the error: "Authentication failed (code 1)".
    I should add that when I sniff the network card I can see that my mac is the correct one (the fake one).

I didn't find any similar case to this case (the closest one was the dude with the atheros card who couldnt change his mac).

Does anyone know what can be the problem?
    Why does the AP reject my request even though I have a white listed mac address?

Thanks alot!

matanb.

ehm.... maybe it has wep or wpa enabled? And if your neighbour doesn't want you stealing his data and bandwidth, that'd be fair

Just burned his ISO

Yes, it has wep enabled.
    But wep should'nt prevent me from fake authenticating.
    BTW, I have the wep key and it's not my neighbour

Just turn off the MAC Filtering and connect with your AP.the easiest & superb way.

Quote Originally Posted by matanb View Post
    Does anyone know what can be the problem?
    Why does the AP reject my request even though I have a white listed mac address?

Thanks alot!

matanb.
    Is the client MAC that you are spoofing active on that AP? That could be a problem.

Here's aircrack-ng's fake-auth page if you haven't seen it yet. May shed some light on your problem

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Is the client MAC that you are spoofing active on that AP? That could be a problem.

here's aircrack-ng's fake-auth page if you haven't seen it yet. May shed some light on your problem
    cybrsnpr, thanks for your reply.
    For your question, I strongly believe the client is active on the network.
    I tried to deauthenticate all clients with "aireplay-ng -0 1 -e [network's essid]" command, however I wasn't successful. either I mistyped the correct command, or the specific client is too far away and is unable to receive my injected frame?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by matanb View Post
    cybrsnpr, thanks for your reply.
    For your question, I strongly believe the client is active on the network.
    I tried to deauthenticate all clients with "aireplay-ng -0 1 -e [network's essid]" command, however I wasn't successful. either I mistyped the correct command, or the specific client is too far away and is unable to receive my injected frame?
    Well this has gone far enough. If you dont know for sure than most likely you are trying to hack your neighbor which is not only illegal but morally wrong. So you can piss off now.