Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bt3 type boot option

Just burned his ISO

I hate to sound like a noob but where is the existing HDU boot menu?

Thanks doot

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuds View Post
    I hate to sound like a noob but where is the existing HDU boot menu?

Thanks doot
    Try /boot/grub.

What are you planning to use BT for?

Maybe you should start with Ubuntu or Fedora to get the basics together.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Default For Kmdave and other Senior Members

I am using Ubuntu, the only time I use Windows now is for work, and hopefully this machine will be my Fedora. But I am taking the advice from Secure-It, Purehate, Tron and learn Linux first. Trust me i am glad told this because if I didn't have Ubuntu, i would not know where to go in a Slackware machine. I also downloaded the book for Slackware, pretty informative. Thank you all for the help and apperciate the advice, because i am taking it. I am trying to make my xp/bt machine my everyday machine. so i am learning the basic's. As for TCP/IP, i know that pretty well, but the Linux is what i need to use and learn. I was thinking of Python for my language, since it real big in the Ubuntu community. I haven't read to much on it yet. I use BT for practice on my home network, trying to crack WPA and crap like that. Simple stuff to give me some experience in the field. If you call that experience.My main stay for experience come from real life. I know alot about the physical and social engineering part to security, you call it grit experience. But for right know I am trying to master the technological side of it now, which i know will take lots of brain power and drive. Been here since

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Maybe you should start with Ubuntu or Fedora to get the basics together.
    I would also recommend Ubuntu if you're new to Linux. If you have enough memory and free disk space then I'd also recommend the use of a virtual environment which will allow you to experiment safely without damaging your existing system.

My personal preference is for VMware products but there are others such as VirtualBox (F.O.C. for personal use), VirtualPC (free afaik) and others, but do be aware that VPC doesn't always work properly with Linux in general and BT3 in particular.
    First Rule of Holes: When you're in one - Stop Digging!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12