Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Netbooks for BT

Just burned his ISO

Arrow Recommended Netbooks for BT

Hi at all!
    I'd like to buy a Netbook..but.. which is better for use BT without problems?
    For example an Asus eee 900A: with a little processor, only 1.6 Ghz can be good?
    I think that 8Gb is enough to work with BT but the processor(and the ssd is more shock-resistant than norman hhd, useful if i've to bring it around), only 1.6 Ghz is sufficient to trying to test wireless connections security?
    Someone that have a netbook for use BT, can help me to choose ?
    The last thing is the battery: how much can i use BT before the Netb. leave me alone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Cobra- View Post
    (and the ssd is more shock-resistant than norman hhd, useful if i've to bring it around), only 1.6 Ghz is sufficient to trying to test wireless connections security?
    Most of the other hardware in your notebook will break down before the shock force is great enough to destroy your average laptop HDD. The only real benefits with SSD over HDD worth taking into consideration is that it is fast while being energy efficient.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Hi at all!
    I'd like to buy a Netbook..but.. which is better for use BT without problems?
    For example an Asus eee 900A: with a little processor, only 1.6 Ghz can be good?
    I think that 8Gb is enough to work with BT but the processor(and the ssd is more shock-resistant than norman hhd, useful if i've to bring it around), only 1.6 Ghz is sufficient to trying to test wireless connections security?
    Someone that have a netbook for use BT, can help me to choose ?
    The last thing is the battery: how much can i use BT before the Netb. leave me alone?

Thanks
    personally I got a 904ha it works great with both xp and bt3 (160 gig hard drive) i havnt had any problems with it i suggest the 904ha because of its ease of use with backtrack.

I've got the 900A and it is absolutely suited for BT3.

You can test wireless security even with a smartphone/iphone. It will tell you if there is one in place or not

To be serious again, 1.6 Ghz should be enough for most of the part you are dealing with while using BT.

Let me ask why it shouldn't be sufficient.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I think most eee pcs will work good the reason I like mine is cuz no one I know has it and its smoth and shiny on the top >.<

y0ush4

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    I've got the 900A and it is absolutely suited for BT3.

You can test wireless security even with a smartphone/iphone. It will tell you if there is one in place or not

To be serious again, 1.6 Ghz should be enough for most of the part you are dealing with while using BT.

Let me ask why it shouldn't be sufficient.
    Mate me too have an APPLE IPHONE its really possible on iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by y0ush4 View Post
    Mate me too have an APPLE IPHONE its really possible on iphone?
    He is not talking about installing BT onto an Iphone, he only points out that you can use even the simplest of wireless device to assess if a WAP is encrypted or not.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the answers!

test wireless connections security
    I did'n know that only a ppc can access to a protected wireless network I've got the HTC kaiser, which program should i use?

Returning to talk about Netbook, I'm looking to buy the 900A, which cost 250€.

KMDave or other users of the 900A, can you tell me how much the battery lasts?

Just burned his ISO

In the first, hi to all.. This is my first post here!

I would like buy EEE 900A too, using it only for penetration test and traning about BK.

Can i be sure that it is full compatible with all the features of BK 3?!

Thx in advance for your replies!

Just burned his ISO

@eHyde
    KMDave says the 900A works. I've got a plain old 900 but it works perfectly with BT.
    Totsugeki!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast