Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wifi card not being detected

Just burned his ISO

Default wifi card not being detected

hey im kind of a linux noob but backtrack isnt detecting my wifi card, i dont know if its supported or if i just have to do some command for it to be detected

i use Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini PCI Card

id greatly appreciate the help!

patience is appreciated =]

Just burned his ISO

oh thanks, it seems like its supported but it doesnt support injection.
    anyway im still not sure what command i have to do for it to be detected by backtrack

also if i were to get a new wireless card thats not expensive, which would be good thats fully supported with everything on backtrack?

well i can't help you with getting your current card to work, but i can tell you i currently use a D-Link WUA-1340 which works great and costs about $30 (less on ebay) although i don't recommend it if you want spectacular range.

are you interested in a pcmcia or usb card?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    well i can't help you with getting your current card to work, but i can tell you i currently use a D-Link WUA-1340 which works great and costs about $30 (less on ebay) although i don't recommend it if you want spectacular range.

are you interested in a pcmcia or usb card?
    oh thats cool i think the card cant be detected cause im using vmware and mabye dont have the right settings or somthing.

but no im not looking for spectacular range, just like average good range, and about the pcmcia or usb cards, im not really sure about the advantages/disadvantages of either.. which one would you recomend.. also i dont want something expensive, mabye in the $30 range like your current card

anyway thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by seankilla View Post
    but no im not looking for spectacular range, just like average good range, and about the pcmcia or usb cards, im not really sure about the advantages/disadvantages of either.. which one would you recomend..
    If you want to use the card as a wireless device in VMware you will have to go for an USB device, internal cards are not supported.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

the only draw back i find with the d-link i use, is that for some reason it displays all AP's as having excellent signals (no matter what their actual signal quality is), other than that i would highly recommend it... also, from what i have seen pcmcia cards tend to be more expensive, and you need to make sure your laptop has the proper slot to accommodate it, which newer laptops (especially if it has an internal wifi device) may not

Just burned his ISO

aright then i'll go with a usb card, thanks alot for the help tron and benzslr

anyway uh.. hm.. usb cards, does anyone know of any supported ones that are good, again not expensive ones. or is there a site that i should go that will explain more detail.. etc

since you guys are being such a good help i guess i might aswell get as much info as i can out of you.. hehe ..plus i am prty new to this stuff anyway

Just burned his ISO

oh same link as that other dude gave, my bad, sweet thanks man

.......i love this forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast