Thread: Why use airolib-ng?

Just burned his ISO

Default Why use airolib-ng?

If i use aircrack-ng alone it cracks at about 350 PMKs per second, but when I use airolib-ng and try to batch it only computes at about 150 PMK/s, and then verifying would take about the same time. After that I would also have to use aircrack. So what are the benefits of using airolib? Is it a lot better for cracking multiple networks?

Good observation that pre-computing the pmk takes almost as long or longer than just going though the dictionary with aircrack-ng.

The best rationale for using airolib-ng is to precompute the pmk for common essids such as "netgear", "linksys", "dlink", etc.

So that you could use the table for other routers and networks.

There is a huge cowpatty rainbow table with common essids.

Yea, the COWF has the top 1000 ssid's (at the time of creation) in wigle precomputed with a custom dictionary. It's a few years old now, though I'm sure most of those ssid's are still in the top 1000.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69