Thread: Metasploit Reverse TCP

Just burned his ISO

Default Metasploit Reverse TCP

Now, im pretty sure that most of you around here knows what the reverse tcp payloads are inside metasploit, and how they can be used. Now, i've tried this with a system on my network and it worked perfect, but when ever i try to execute it on a system outside of my network, (I have it as a payload exe)
    It wont show op on the multi handler which is the program that listens for connections to you.

Im pretty sure its either my router blocking the incoming connections, i have no idea how to fix this, ive tried opening a port on my router and setting it to redirect all traffic on that port to my ip, but no success.

Do i have to set up somekind of server that listens for connections, or how am i supposed to do it?
    Answers appriciated.

Default Re: Metasploit Reverse TCP

You are trying to launch an exe file from a remote system to create a shell. You haven't bothered to show that you have any kind of permission to use the remote system. With that in mind I cannot give you any help. Although you haven't explicitly stated that you're doing something illegal this forum requires assurance that you're testing on your own equipment. Be mindful of what you're about to do.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

To be honest, the one i tried on is my equipment, i tried it both when it was connected on my network, and when i set up an optional to try and see if it works outside the internal network.

You'll have to give more detail. How are the boxes connected? What is "outside the internal network"? Public and private addressing (please don't use the actual public addresses) ....
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News