Thread: HELP! Kismet + Intel 4965AGN

Just burned his ISO

Default HELP! Kismet + Intel 4965AGN

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie doing these days but the more I read on the forum, the more I am interested in hacking. The more I wanted to test them out myself;

After reading a few tutorials and articles, I have gotten myself "backtrack 3". I've been playing around with kismet for abit. (kismet that came with backtrack 3).

I am able to detect many AP around me, as well as my own. However, I am NOT able to see the clients connected to it. I am 100% sure there is someone using the AP at that moment as my brother is surfing on it.

I am wondering if there is anything I should do, to be able to obtain the list of clients connected through the AP? I read somewhere that 4965AGN 'cannot' turn into monitor mode, however, if it couldnt, then how come I was able to detect the list of AP through kismet? Secondly, kismet didnt show any error message in regards to it neither.

Should I be using madwifi or something with it?

Please provide step-by-step instructions. Much appreciated.

Thanks a million! Please advise.

I am NOT able to see the clients connected to it. I am 100% sure there is someone using the AP at that moment as my brother is surfing on it.
    You sounds too dubious.are you trying to crack neighbor's wifi,then let us know the moderators will help u ahead and if its your own AP then you should know wheather clients are connected or not.