Thread: n00b here :P WPA Assistance Needed

Just burned his ISO

Default n00b here :P WPA Assistance Needed

Ahoy me hearties! Say hi to the n00b~ I'm new to all of this so please try to be friendly and try to show some patience lol.

I've not had Backtrack3 for very long, around a week or so, maybe less. Using trial and error and also screwing around, I managed to crack my wet toilet paper security I mean WEP in under 5 minutes. SpoonWEP being ridiculously easy to use~ I can easily crack WEP now just from practice and screwing around.

So anyway, after jumping up to WPA I found myself a little lost and somewhat confused. All of the tutorials I follow use ath0 (which I assume I change to eth1?) and require the use of a wordlist? Would somebody be able to point me in the right direction of a good wordlist and a step by step simple tutorial? I've tried to follow -=Xploitz=- tutorial, but I get lost pretty quickly hehe

I appreciate any help anybody can give =]

Xploitz tutorials are really easy and basically the way to go.

The wireless network card extention depends on your chipset.

Also you should use the search function, it provides you with quite some dictionaries.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Google 'aircrack-ng wpa' and the first result is their tutorial on the subject. Also contained in that post is an extensive list of dictionary/wordlist sources.

Good luck!

Just burned his ISO

Xploits tuts definitely aren't bad, but I've encountered some which are easier to follow

They can be found on Youtube, due to my postcount being below 15 I can't post the links in their entirety but just visit the frontpage and append the following to the url:

WEP:
    watch?v=oHq-cKoYcr8

WEP (no clients on the network at all):
    watch?v=kcoKE-KDg8E

WPA:
    watch?v=Ej52mNHs49A

And yea, I recommend starting with WEP and then moving on to WPA because he's a bit more newb-friendly in the WEP tutorial and the WPA cracking process seems to build on it.

Oh, and so far as I can see, WPA and WPA2 cracking makes use of the exact same methods (ie. you end up with having to use a wordlist file which is basically a textfile with a bunch of lines in them like:
    ---
    mysuperpass1
    mynotsosuperpass2
    qwg433fg21
    ---

To see this for yourself, backtrack includes two very very sparse wordlists meant for testing:

* /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/test/password.lst
    * /pentest/wireless/cowpatty/dict

From this point you'll be able to follow Xploits last WPA2 + Airolib crack tut with relative ease.

(No hard feelings sploits, I know how hard it is to record tuts and the pitfalls of narration, sound, frame-rate size and so on.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarus View Post
    Xploits tuts definitely aren't bad, but I've encountered some which are easier to follow

Outdated, but definitely not bad.

There are easier tuts than mine that exist?? I didn't think that was possible.

I have several wordlist and dictionary threads here within the forums. A simple forums search will reveal them all to you xShinko
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarus View Post
    This MAY be true but i can think of so many advantages of using -=xploitz=- videos and the backtrack forum:
    • -=xploitz=- will be happy to answer question regarding his tutorials / work
    • Keeping videos / tutorial within this forum supports the forum as a whole and lowers the risk of illegal activity.
    • Let the creators of the tutorials / work get the credit they so deserve.

I have learnt from -=xploitz=- and just by reading his posts (and replies from other members) all my answers have always been there for me.

Im not shooting your comment down, when you have people like -=xploitz=- streaker69 balding_parrott etc etc here making this forum what it is, lets try and keep it that way, you dont know how long this information we have here will be available, not to mention its free. Happy back Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    There are easier tuts than mine that exist?? I didn't think that was possible
    good to hear you still blow your own trumpet -=xploitz=- J/K keep up the good work
    Give credit & show appreciation for members creations,