Thread: GPU generated rainbow tables for WPA...

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default GPU generated rainbow tables for WPA...

Has anyone heard anything about this? I have been up to snuff on the recent GPU cracking technology that has sprung up...with it being used to crack md5, ntlm....etc etc.....

...but how feasible would it be to take that GPU and put it to work to *generate* rainbow tables? Generating tables are the hardest thing to do, espeically for WPA encryption.

It's one thing to lug around a 40 gig file from the Shmoo Group (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK!) that contains common (but not all) SSID's, however why not be able to turn your own rainbow table out in a short amount of time for a pre-meditated SSID?

discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by B34ST1Y View Post

discuss?
    No, because there's already a couple threads about this on these forums.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

well that's not being helpful at all. Can you please point me towards one of these threads? I can't seem to find any that fit the description here.

well that's not being helpful at all. Can you please point me towards one of these threads? I can't seem to find any that fit the description here.
    Here is one link with lots of links and information about CUDA and WPA: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16576

A search revealed a few other threads on the same subject as well, but seemed like they for the most part only repeated the information given in this one.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I love that, ask for a link and then no thank you...go get a switch boy!

It's one thing to lug around a 40 gig file from the Shmoo Group (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK!) that contains common (but not all) SSID's, ...
    Please give proper credit where it is due. The Shmoo kindly host the WPA tables for download, but they were generated by the Church of WiFi.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

my bad, mad props to the CoW!

hey! Thank you! - I havn't been around for a while, so this is my first opportunity to say it