Thread: WPA Handshake (School me)

Just burned his ISO

Default WPA Handshake (School me)

So i searched the forums here as well as the web and found a number of topics on the subject, but not one with the issue im having specifically. So, i am hoping one of you smart guys can point out the error of my ways and school me!

I have the 4 way handshake i can see it in sequence in WS, but aircrack and cow will not see it when i load it. Any suggestions, can someone look over my capture?

ww.filedropper.com/j_1

THANK YOU!

No handshake is contained in that cap file - thats probably where you are going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mummysboy View Post
    No handshake is contained in that cap file - thats probably where you are going wrong.
    Looks like there is a handshake in there to me (frames 831,833,835,837).

You may want to update aircrack using fasttrack,and recaptue handshake with airodump.

Read here for more info. trac.aircrack-ng.org/svn/trunk/ChangeLog

Just burned his ISO

sure thing... anything is worth a try. thanks for your replys.. I did use airodump to get the original capture.

i even tried the win version of cow and aircrack thinking it may work and it didnt ...

geostefan: I looked at your capture, the handshake looks correct (the 4 handshake packets appear in the correct sequence and have the correct values in the key information field as far a I can tell). That being said, I get the same problem as you.

Just out of curosity, what kind of WPA: WPA or WPA2? What kind of Algorithm: TKIP, AES or TKIP+AES?

Have you just accepted the fact that sometimes packets don't do what we want and try another capture session?

What are you capturing the sessions with? Airodump? Wireshark? Whichever you are using, try the other...I realize there is no "official" reason and that a pcap is a pcap, but who knows...maybe Mars and Pluto are out of alignment and trying another capture tool will be the fix!