Thread: Trouble with airodump , found no APs

Just burned his ISO

Question Trouble with airodump , found no APs

Hello all exploit members, 5 months ago i downloaded BT3 on a usb for a packard bell laptop, followed all instructions off the net and had it all working ok. now i own a acer 7730 i redownloaded a new BT3 on usb had some trouble with boot and screen config , i read lots of posts and followed links provided got it working, boots up ok now but have no sound and airodump cant find aps ? i tried looking in forum to find answers but im a noobe who is still learning cpu skills and command could use some help please the antenna im useing is edimax 7318usg in windows it can see my wifi 100% in BT3 i can find it (airmon) says rausb0 rt73 but when i use (airodump) i see haeding "bssid..pwr..data..ch..enc..essid" but shows no info/numbers ? i tried a few different commands from your forum but still haveing trouble (iwconfig rausb0 rate 1m...aireplay-ng -9 rausb0,., ) and (aireplay-ng -9 <interface ... FOUND 0 APs) im sure its a simple fix and something yous answered a million times but me been such a noobe im lost and cant find answer dont know what to look any help welcomed

CROatix

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Hello all exploit members, 5 months ago i downloaded BT3 on a usb for a packard bell laptop, followed all instructions off the net and had it all working ok. now i own a acer 7730 i redownloaded a new BT3 on usb had some trouble with boot and screen config , i read lots of posts and followed links provided got it working, boots up ok now but have no sound and airodump cant find aps ? i tried looking in forum to find answers but im a noobe who is still learning cpu skills and command could use some help please the antenna im useing is edimax 7318usg in windows it can see my wifi 100% in BT3 i can find it (airmon) says rausb0 rt73 but when i use (airodump) i see haeding "bssid..pwr..data..ch..enc..essid" but shows no info/numbers ? i tried a few different commands from your forum but still haveing trouble (iwconfig rausb0 rate 1m...aireplay-ng -9 rausb0,., ) and (aireplay-ng -9 <interface ... FOUND 0 APs) im sure its a simple fix and something yous answered a million times but me been such a noobe im lost and cant find answer dont know what to look any help welcomed
    hello gerard,

I use vmware with Backtrack and the Live version on CD. I have no problems with aircrack-ng. You must see what kind of chipset your Laptop Wlan is. For optimmal work with integrate WLAN Cards use this 3 chipsets: Atheros, Orinocco, Prism or Realtek.

Or, you buy a extern Wlan-Antenna over USB. On the offical website of Aircrack-ng stay a extern USB Wlan Device for best connection and work with Backtrack. The name of this device is ALFA Network.
    Search on Ebay... I trust in this device

first of all find posts on the forum for sound problem as you can either upgrade alsa driver package only or upgrade the kernel.for second problem I am sure you are not connecting the Dongle after properly booting up backtrack.if still problem persists.try with this
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73
    iwconfig rausb0 rate 1M
    airodump-ng rausb0
    &
    try injection using aireplay-ng -9 rausb0

should work.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by CROatix View Post
    hello gerard,

I use vmware with Backtrack and the Live version on CD. I have no problems with aircrack-ng. You must see what kind of chipset your Laptop Wlan is. For optimmal work with integrate WLAN Cards use this 3 chipsets: Atheros, Orinocco, Prism or Realtek.

Or, you buy a extern Wlan-Antenna over USB. On the offical website of Aircrack-ng stay a extern USB Wlan Device for best connection and work with Backtrack. The name of this device is ALFA Network.
    Search on Ebay... I trust in this device
    Thanks for your advice i downloaded vmware and tried to install bt3 in VM but had no luck so i went back to the usb and found a new link that helped me ,, And thanks for recomenening the ALFA Network wlan antenna i looked on ebay and like it a lot ,,will but one very soon THANKS